Currie Extreme 60’s whining noise

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I recently had Currie Extreme 60’s installed on my Mojave. Between 40-50 MPH, there is a whining noise (you can even manipulate it throttling then gas). Took it back to the shop that did the install, sales manager and owner drove the Jeep, both agreed that was not normal. They called Currie, and then immediately changed their story and said it was normal. The owner even said his Jeep made the same noise…. Obviously it doesn’t add up and the story change in questionable at best. I took it to another shop and they confirmed it was not normal (they had also done Currie one ton installs). The original shop said they are confident it’s safe and everything is fine, but would document what happened (also odd if everything is normal).
Has anyone else experienced this? Second shop recommended I go to a gear shop and he things it’s a backlash issue that can be fixed with shims.
Sponsored

adampwilliams

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I have a friend at Exodus 4x4 right now. They put a 1 ton axle on there and the gears failed immediately. They called currie and currie said that they were having issues with yukon's and motive gears. So, exodus put in Revolutions instead

OP
OP

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I took my directly to Currie, Casey actually called me personally. Ending up being a bad ring and pinion, swamped them out there, good ever since.

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
There is another thread on here of a guy complaining about whining after install. His installer complained that he has been getting poor quality Yukon gears lately and one needs to pay close attention to the markings on the gears that show up in the box to verify it's true Yukon quality.

Your observation seems to back this up as well. @adampwilliams

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Did they move manufacturing to China?
Sponsored