First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
I just ordered the controller and cable off Amazon for the best price I could find in Canada. Fingers crossed, I'll post my results when I get it installed.

Might need to get the reflash from the dealer if it doesn't work properly. I do my own maintenance (as a mechanic myself) so mine hasn't been to the dealership since I bought it 15 months ago.
Sponsored

Last edited:

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
This looks awesome. It looks better than the factory controller and it sounds like its better all around. Can't beat the price!

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
I may be just unlucky or my Gladiator is somehow unique (Rubicon with the safety package) but I have had 2 different Curt controllers in my Jeep and both had issues. They have replaced the connector cable 3 times and ended up taking the whole thing back and I now have a Mopar stock unit that works great.

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I may be just unlucky or my Gladiator is somehow unique (Rubicon with the safety package) but I have had 2 different Curt controllers in my Jeep and both had issues. They have replaced the connector cable 3 times and ended up taking the whole thing back and I now have a Mopar stock unit that works great.
Where'd you get your factory one? I went to David CDJR down in Glen Mills back in early Feb. and they said it was still in development and wouldn't be available until at least April. Plus they were quoting about 2.5x the price of what I got at Stoltzfus, installed! I got the Tekonsha Primus IQ and it woikes poifecktly :like: :like::like:

Phljeeper

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I work
Vehicle Showcase
Where'd you get your factory one? I went to David CDJR down in Glen Mills back in early Feb. and they said it was still in development and wouldn't be available until at least April. Plus they were quoting about 2.5x the price of what I got at Stoltzfus, installed! I got the Tekonsha Primus IQ and it woikes poifecktly :like: :like::like:
I ordered it online at justforjeeps.com and installed it myself. Was about $250.

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve heard issues with Curt and the safety package. I don’t have it and so far, so good. Glad you got it sorted though.