Sponsored

Damn...Cited for no doors and wide tires.

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Well here is an update to my fender situation. After really looking everywhere, there is not much out there right now, one company makes a wider flat steel fender but not the rear for glad, JL only. I also bought a set of Nice mud flaps but after checking with the inspection station, told it has to cover the top also so a mud flap option doesn’t work which is crazy because th flap would keep all the water and rocks from flying. Anyway really considered putting on a smaller tire set to pass inspection but decided to add a Set of flares and see what it looks like. Well I think it looks like SH$&. I had had To weld up and fabricate a steel bracket because I pulled out the front inner fender liner. I can’t believe I screwed in sheet metal screws to a 60K+ car on the rear

207B6781-531B-49EC-A597-565E468A99B5.jpeg

2206711D-C0DE-400C-A3A5-272A3A44E6D6.jpeg

86C6E4EC-594F-45E2-A31D-A4998211C7BB.jpeg

3E0D54C0-639C-486F-BEF1-6A432949F687.jpeg

BA289B53-B8D4-45F4-9F54-147183E70C55.jpeg

E62DADDD-9932-4CBE-AB42-B4AF6DC7489E.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Don’t know why all these photos come in sideways when uploading from phone

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
As well they should, nothing weirder looking than a Wrangler with street tires! Doors I can stomach, bit not All Weathers.
In some cases...a ticket is not enough....some prison time is in order.
Jeep Gladiator Damn...Cited for no doors and wide tires. 1596459040637

Jeep Gladiator Damn...Cited for no doors and wide tires. 1596458941640

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Well here is an update to my fender situation. After really looking everywhere, there is not much out there right now, one company makes a wider flat steel fender but not the rear for glad, JL only. I also bought a set of Nice mud flaps but after checking with the inspection station, told it has to cover the top also so a mud flap option doesn’t work which is crazy because th flap would keep all the water and rocks from flying. Anyway really considered putting on a smaller tire set to pass inspection but decided to add a Set of flares and see what it looks like. Well I think it looks like SH$&. I had had To weld up and fabricate a steel bracket because I pulled out the front inner fender liner. I can’t believe I screwed in sheet metal screws to a 60K+ car on the rear

Might look like shite...but...it will get you through inspection and you can remove them until next year.

OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
Passed inspection but station said front is still questionable by the way the front stock fender narrows back to body and leaves tire exposed. This Is a 4” flare!!! Reality is this is a 3.5 bqckspaced rim built for Off-road racing and not for street and it’s really difficult to cover it up if you live in a state that cares a lot.

Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
“Reality is this is a 3.5 bqckspaced rim built for Off-road racing and not for street”

So why are you running off road racing setup on the street? This seems to be the major cause of your problem. Yes, it looks good, but... it is not functional.
cheers

Reactions: Mac
OP
OP
jeepdriva

jeepdriva

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
“Reality is this is a 3.5 bqckspaced rim built for Off-road racing and not for street”

So why are you running off road racing setup on the street? This seems to be the major cause of your problem. Yes, it looks good, but... it is not functional.
cheers
Really?? C'mon

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
Just playing the Devils advocate... :jk:
cheers

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
This has always been funny to me.

Jeep guys complain about rock chips with vertical windows then run a full width tire outside of the fenders.
Guilty of the setup

Innocent of the whining

Sponsored

DunnMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
What offset are you running on the wheels? I just got pulled over for speeding (my fault) and the cop then started busting my balls about my tires. 'So, why would you put these big tires on your truck, is it cus you think it looks cool or something?' Right away I knew the guy was a total dick.

Anyway, my tires are 37x12.5x17 but I am running a +18 offset....I mean the tires barely stick out which is why I went with a + offset wheel. He gave me 30 days to install flares and/or mud flaps, I've had the Jeep only 2 weeks. To make matters worse I live in a small town so I will definitely run into this guy again.

The funny thing is he ended up just giving me a warning for the speeding...but I would rather have paid a speeding ticket and have him leave me alone for the tires!

Side note....the grey skies in the pics is courtesy of the wild fires here in the PNW.

Jeep Gladiator Damn...Cited for no doors and wide tires. IMG_20200918_095008

Jeep Gladiator Damn...Cited for no doors and wide tires. IMG_20200918_095035

Jeep Gladiator Damn...Cited for no doors and wide tires. IMG_20200918_095053

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
I'm with you guys in supporting the boys in blue, but it's fading. How do you not self reflect more often? Some 90 IQ ass bringing home 40k a year is telling me the risks I'm allowed to take (or not)? Get bent you tyrants. There's great ones out there, but the 3 kids I went to hs with who became cops are over compensating tools who got cut from every sports team they tried out for. Pathetic.

JkJT84

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w Max Tow
Occupation
LEO
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you guys in supporting the boys in blue, but it's fading. How do you not self reflect more often? Some 90 IQ ass bringing home 40k a year is telling me the risks I'm allowed to take (or not)? Get bent you tyrants. There's great ones out there, but the 3 kids I went to hs with who became cops are over compensating tools who got cut from every sports team they tried out for. Pathetic.
As a black guy, who is a cop, who has owned several Jeeps and fishes and hunts and votes republican... you get the picture. Anyway my point is you should never stereotype any group of people because of a bad few. 90% of the cops I’ve worked with weren’t picked on in highschool and aren’t compensating for other things they just enjoy the job. I also work with quite a few intelligent Officers who have degrees, some from good schools who just got tired of sitting behind a desk. Now I can’t speak for wherever you are where they only pay 40k, like anything In this world you get what you pay for.

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
As a black guy, who is a cop, who has owned several Jeeps and fishes and hunts and votes republican... you get the picture. Anyway my point is you should never stereotype any group of people because of a bad few. 90% of the cops I’ve worked with weren’t picked on in highschool and aren’t compensating for other things they just enjoy the job. I also work with quite a few intelligent Officers who have degrees, some from good schools who just got tired of sitting behind a desk. Now I can’t speak for wherever you are where they only pay 40k, like anything In this world you get what you pay for.
Ha. All good points. Thanks for sharing your experience (and thanks for your service).

ShotCaller

First Name
vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
self employed
What offset are you running on the wheels? I just got pulled over for speeding (my fault) and the cop then started busting my balls about my tires. 'So, why would you put these big tires on your truck, is it cus you think it looks cool or something?' Right away I knew the guy was a total dick.

Anyway, my tires are 37x12.5x17 but I am running a +18 offset....I mean the tires barely stick out which is why I went with a + offset wheel. He gave me 30 days to install flares and/or mud flaps, I've had the Jeep only 2 weeks. To make matters worse I live in a small town so I will definitely run into this guy again.

The funny thing is he ended up just giving me a warning for the speeding...but I would rather have paid a speeding ticket and have him leave me alone for the tires!

Side note....the grey skies in the pics is courtesy of the wild fires here in the PNW.
They don't stick out that far at all. A lot less than most of the lifted jeeps and trucks around here. That's insane.
Sponsored