First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Retired
Hi folks, I have had my JT diesel for two weeks. I left the dealer when I picked it up and got about 20kms before the dash lite up with service 4wd system and other stuff. Took it back to the dealer on the Friday same week and they scanned it and said the transmission has to be dropped to check a sensor. It was late and I left with my JT. On the way home the codes went again, but were intermittent. Over the weekend I inspected the trucks power distribution box.(fuse box) When I was done I had pushed in 27, yes twenty seven fuses and relays. Most just sitting in the slots! Took the truck for a good long run and not one issue. So, anybody reading this post with electrical gremlins, CHECK YOUR FUSES! Don't know if its an assembly issue or a dealer issue.
Sponsored

turkeyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
This issue happened to me several times. I finally discovered that it was happening when I had bumped the transfer case shifter, not enough to affect the actual shifting, but apparently enough to affect what the sensor reads. Simply shifting to 4wd and back to 2wd fixed the problem for me.

JT4000

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Retired
On the electrical gremlins issue, as I indicated above fuses first then the dealer has a service bulletin about the harness throughout the truck being very tight, read that as almost "short" and are pulling at the connectors. Mine was finally traced to a connection above an exhaust flange that would hit the connector on bumps. I had them clip the Christmas trees from the harness and install zip ties instead with the harness relaxed. Trusts me they did not want to do this. They wanted to dismantle my exhaust system and lower the transmission and transfer case to gain access to the harness. If this was not a warranty grab I have no idea what is. They had my truck in the dealership shop and they where instructed by me to not touch my transmission or exhaust and they only had permission to zip tie the harness. That was at 1000km and I now have 30,000km and no electrical issues have ever come up again.
Sponsored