Dead Pedal for Manual Gladiator

armaunr

First Name
Armaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I've seen a couple of dead pedals for the gladiator, but are there any that work with the manual transmission since the clutch is pretty far to the left? Thank you!
Sponsored

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
Following. They all seem to be for the auto, which ironically doesn't need one anyway.

itsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom, 2009 MB SLK 55
I know this post is old, but I'm thinking of trading in my Sport with auto for a Mojave with the manual. I love the dead pedal that I have now, but I think it will be too wide with the clutch pedal. Has anyone found a solution?

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
Yeah I'd also like to know if anyone figured that one out yet.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Yeah I'd also like to know if anyone figured that one out yet.
There's not much room for a dead pedal in the manual gladiator. Have you noticed how close the clutch pedal is to the side of the vehicle? It's pretty much where you'd want a dead pedal to be.

Sponsored

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
There's not much room for a dead pedal in the manual gladiator. Have you noticed how close the clutch pedal is to the side of the vehicle? It's pretty much where you'd want a dead pedal to be.
Yeah. I'm kinda curious if there would be any benefit to having a pedal that's kind of contoured to the clutch pedal, like with a clutch-pedal-shaped cutout. Or would that then be pointless.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where would it go? There's no space. None of the manual Wrangler/gladiators we've owned (only 3 so far) have had room for a dead pedal. Too narrow

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Military
I posted above before I even got my Gladiator (it was on order) and now that I've got almost 20,000 miles on it, I can't imagine 1. where it could possibly go or 2. why I'd need it. After driving small manual sports cars my whole life (and Jeeps too) I've come to the realization that it's all seating position. On a Lotus or Miata or an old MG you sit with your butt on the floor and your feet straight out ahead of you. You NEED a dead pedal like this (my TR6 didn't have one and it was torture until I made one). On Jeeps and trucks you sit more upright like in a chair. Your feet rest more naturally, and don't need a dead pedal. It took this thread for me to sit down and think about why all the crumpet-catchers I've had needed one and all the Jeeps and IHs I've had did not.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would settle for a narrow ledge to rest my foot on.
Take a look at just how close the clutch pedal is to the side. If there was a ledge there, even a narrow one, it'd be in the way of the pedal and your foot when pressing it. It'd interfere.
Sponsored