First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
I have a sheet from the dealer saying:

$799.99 Dealer Fees and Services.

There's a note that says it's for inspecting, adjusting, and preparing new and used vehicles and prepping the documents.

Is this normal? Also being charged $159.95 for e-filing and $501 for license, title, and registration.

Total of 1460.90 to the dealer. This seems steep. What should I be paying? In negotiations now.
Sponsored

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just about all dealers have some fee they charge usually called an admin. fee or something like that. Paper work, filing fee, etc.
I do not know what you do in Florida to register a vehicle. In Missouri we go the the DOR and pay the State directly for tax, title and license. Do you do that through the dealer in Florida? Does Florida charge extra fees to file paper work or pay fees on line? That may be a State thing they have no control over.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
About half of that is reasonable, maybe. just my two pennies.

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ
Seems way high. Prepping the vehicle is all part of selling it. I have never seen such a fee tacked on.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
I'd be wanting about half of that amount in further discount. The dealer will say these fees are non negotiable and they are probably pre printed on the buyers order. But the price isn't!!

Sponsored

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I paid the $799 processing here in a high COL living area. That seems to vary based on location. The $501 sounds like your DMV fees and the $160 is likely your loan filing fee - neither of which go to the dealer.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
It varies by state and dealership as to how much they charge, that's definitely on the high side though. The other fees sound normal, but once again vary by state. That fee and the others listed are non negotiable, but you could always try to get some more off the price to compensate for their high $799 dealer fee.

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I usually say this is what I want to pay all in, including any and all fees the dealership charges and see what they say to that.

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Living in FL I can tell you that $799 dealer fee is actually very typical...MANY dealers have $899 or $999 dealer fees. It's very unusual to find a dealer with what would be a "normal" fee for other states. When I negotiate with dealers down here, I just push them that much harder on the selling price if they're stuck on keeping their full "inflated" dealer fee.

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
400 and something in SC. Trying to buy now and the dealers aren’t even responding other than one 5 hours away. I may just have to give them my business
Sponsored