Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Where on the vehicle are you guys finding these things? When I did my Taser I pulled the whole-ass panel out from under the wheel and didn't see anything fishy. Could they be elsewhere?
Probably don't have one. The dealers here sell a theft recovery service and these are part of that. You deal for the truck and then the financial guy who does the final paperwork tries to sell you protection for this, that and the other thing, extended service contracts and whatever and oh, we also offer theft recovery service through ABC company.
And that's what they are for. My 2022 had it, my 2020 had it, and that dealer advertised the theft recovery service - and that's what they are used for.

Here's a shot of the sticker advertising their theft recovery - it's common around here -

Jeep Gladiator Dealer GPS Tracker 1659796114208
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It was not what I signed up for and one of the reasons why I left that job. Technically i got fired, but I got fired for "not fulfilling the requirements of the job"
You were pushed out, set up to fail. I don't consider that being fired...........

The dealer has to get the car back. GPS helps with that.
I'm sure other dealers have their reasons - here, it's to sell you a service. It's hard to see the sticker in the pic I posted - will try to get another better pic.
IT makes sense for vehicle recovery - some have no intention of paying, and some will hide the vehicle in their cousin's barn or their buddy Bubba's garage in the next town.
There's probably 2, 3 or even 4 reasons. I can only talk of the one I know for sure - because of the sticker in the windshield, and I saw the paperwork.
But thinking back - why did the guy shuffle right past that contract for theft recovery saying "you guys probably won't want this one" - hmmmmmm.
Do they not try to sell it to those they know are good buyers, or have the thing already mostly paid for with a solid trade?
Maybe it's a combination! LOL. They knew we were good for it.
Better be - our CU told my wife that our credit rating is in the top two of all of their customers.

Fstduc

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon; 1941/42 Ford GPW
Occupation
Engineer
If any belief it might still be active…reconnect to small, cheap power source and toss on train…. 🙂

NCIC105

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired LEO
Lojack was added to my new Jeep. I told them I didn't want the service...I cant find where they installed it....Any idea and a pic of what Lojack looks like?

I made then take the price off for the service before I purchased...The Fin Guy said it is already on the vehicle and you can activate it if you wish....I have had the lower dash apart to install Tazer and have removed the glove box...It is not in either place...

Last edited:

Moby

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Gladiator Rubicon, ‘17 Renegade, ‘83 GMC S-15
My ’21 Gladiator had a Karr unit installed (done as part of SWDS crap). It was there to both track the vehicle and disable the engine should it be stolen from the dealer’s inventory. It was useless to anyone else, except as a “profit point.” The engine disable was supposed to be neutered by the dealer (it wasn’t - pissed me off big time, too), and it took six weeks to finally get an SWDS tech to remove it (they had to do it to “for warranty reasons”). The unit was behind the forward passenger floor kick panel, and tied in to a wire behind the side kick panel. So, different ones get stuck different places. I was charged for the damn thing (noted in one line, buried in the inch-thick stack of paperwork), even after telling them not just no, but “Hell, NO!” Did get it refunded.
Sponsored