Sponsored

Decision time! I’m torn 3 ways...Help!

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Ok, no need for the, “It’s your car, you decide” blah blah blah comments. This is for fun and I’m just curious what people think and any real world owner comments. I’m signing tomorrow, but they have 3 options for me to choose from and I’m having trouble deciding. I’d be happy with all 3, but curious what everyone thinks. Here are the options.

Sting grey Sport S and I will put on Rubicon take-off wheels and tires.

Granite crystal Sport S and I will put on
Rubicon take-off wheels and tires.

Firecracker Red Willys Edition - this one is $27 more a month. And I’m not sure about the mud terrains. I may replace those.

All are optioned out the same.
Thanks!
Sponsored

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
out of these three, get your favorite color

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Ok, no need for the, “It’s your car, you decide” blah blah blah comments. This is for fun and I’m just curious what people think and any real world owner comments. I’m signing tomorrow, but they have 3 options for me to choose from and I’m having trouble deciding. I’d be happy with all 3, but curious what everyone thinks. Here are the options.

Firecracker Red Willys Edition - this one is $27 more a month. And I’m not sure about the mud terrains. I may replace those.

Thanks!
GraniteCrystal was my third choice. Gator was one, and Gbi was two... I got One.

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Get the Willy
I think I’m leaning sting grey. Willys is my second choice I think. I have some grey Rubicon take-offs and I ordered some Toyo AT3’s. Should look nice on the sting grey. Thanks!

Sponsored

NOLAFOOL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Marine Carpenter
Well , this is what I did.
Willys come with 18" rims and will probably give you a better ride and they have more options. I chose the Sting Grey Sport and put OEM Rubicon rims on it the next day. Accessories In Black wi match the grey real nice. BTW there are 3 red ones in my small town. Have fun.
Jeep Gladiator Decision time! I’m torn 3 ways...Help! Screenshot_20201017-020819_Messages

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not one for liking to draw attention colors the firecracker red Willis will cost you $1600-2000 extra, and said to have 18in rims so is this for mainly road use and a 2021? Yellow, red draws a lot of attention and can be seen quite a long way off this can be good too. For me that's 3 strikes against it. Stingray looks ok to me and granite the same. I'm of the less is more crowd. Both of the latter don't show up as dirty like red would so I'd go with Stingray I guess.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I would go with a HydroBlue Mojave for a crap load more money and did, and am happy! Get the color you want the most, everything else is something that can be added if it really matters.....Jack

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR

Thanks!

A little off-topic, but always negotiate and make decisions based off of final price and not monthly payments.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
A little off-topic, but always negotiate and make decisions based off of final price and not monthly payments.
Definitely. Anytime they ask my “target payment” I just say I’m shopping for the best price and never give a number. Thanks! Here in the northeast the gladiators aren’t discounted much, if any, below invoice

Sparty

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR (Gecko) / 2021 JLR
Definitely. Anytime they ask my “target payment” I just say I’m shopping for the best price and never give a number. Thanks! Here in the northeast the gladiators aren’t discounted much, if any, below invoice
Yeah - as soon as they mention "monthly payment" I tell them to stop.

I had the same problem with discounts and availability here in SW Michigan. This was a month ago.

We went to a dealership just outside of Chicago that was a volume dealer and had a huge inventory. We were able to get an impressive amount off on our 2020 Overland with all the incentives and it being a year-end model. However, (and I haven't gotten into this on the forum yet as I'm STILL dealing with them to get paperwork title, etc) all the money we saved in the end we're paying through headaches. Additionally, it was one of THE worst experiences I've had a a dealer in my life.

Knowing what I know now - I would go to our local dealer, and see what they could order, or get in. Even though we saved a ton of money, it's had to put a price on peace of mind

OP
OP

Jeep24MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Yeah - as soon as they mention "monthly payment" I tell them to stop.

I had the same problem with discounts and availability here in SW Michigan. This was a month ago.

We went to a dealership just outside of Chicago that was a volume dealer and had a huge inventory. We were able to get an impressive amount off on our 2020 Overland with all the incentives and it being a year-end model. However, (and I haven't gotten into this on the forum yet as I'm STILL dealing with them to get paperwork title, etc) all the money we saved in the end we're paying through headaches. Additionally, it was one of THE worst experiences I've had a a dealer in my life.

Knowing what I know now - I would go to our local dealer, and see what they could order, or get in. Even though we saved a ton of money, it's had to put a price on peace of mind
Well said! I’ll pay invoice and be out the door in 30 mins the sales manager said. I could probably shop around and save a few more bucks, but peace of mind knowing I got what I wanted. So SW Michigan huh? Ever drive the “upper peninsula”? I heard it’s amazing. Would love to get out there.

tfranks

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I got a StingGrey one. I'm happy I did every time I look at it. Just a personal preference but I'm not a fan of red vehicles for myself. Not sure why it is but I'll probably never buy one. Granite looks nice too but it's a pretty common color across all vehicles.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
I was stuck between Gobi, Sting Gray, and firecracker red. I ended up with Gobi. I felt like you needed a more expensive trim level for the sting Gray to look right than I had in my budget. My sister told me I was too old for a red jeep ( 41). I was leaning Gobi from the beginning and that’s what I ended up with
Sponsored