Desert Racing suspension

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
Hey community, anyone have experience racing the 2700 JeepSpeed class, King of Hammers 4600 class, or Baja 1000? Fox just released their 2.5 DSC's and 3.0 DSC's and I'm trying to figure out which to get. (the 3.0's are not allowed in the 2700 or 4600 since they are bypass, but I might still get them for personal use). I'm also having a hard time understanding which lift kits will get me max wheel travel. the 2700 class is limited to 10in front and 12in rear, 4600 is 14in, and ideally I'd set my JT up to run right at those limits.

Thanks
Sponsored

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
You can always use a limiting strap for the races at a shorter distance to meet the race rules and have a longer strap or no strap for more travel. Not that I know all the rules. But am interested in the idea of desert running. I watched a release video from terraflrx for their new system. Though the travel was more than the rules allowed for the class I think it was a great little setup even with good hydraulic bump stops. That said a limiting strap would help meet race requirements. Good luck interested to see where this goes.

OP
OP
piroman683

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
I forgot about this post! I’m running their 2.5’s right now with 12in of front and 14.5in of rear wheel travel. The shocks on the rear only have a 12in stroke but because of the moment arm geometry you end up with 14.5, which is what I’ve strapped them to. I. Now trying to see if I can fit 3.0 or 3.5in external bypass on it just for shits and giggles.

I ended up joining a race team and quickly learned it is not worth the time and money to convert this to a desert racer right now, I have a ton more to learn first.
In regards to the teraflex kit I wonder what their shock length is. I also installed fox bump stops on all 4 corners

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
I forgot about this post! I’m running their 2.5’s right now with 12in of front and 14.5in of rear wheel travel. The shocks on the rear only have a 12in stroke but because of the moment arm geometry you end up with 14.5, which is what I’ve strapped them to. I. Now trying to see if I can fit 3.0 or 3.5in external bypass on it just for shits and giggles.

I ended up joining a race team and quickly learned it is not worth the time and money to convert this to a desert racer right now, I have a ton more to learn first.
In regards to the teraflex kit I wonder what their shock length is. I also installed fox bump stops on all 4 corners
I’m not sure. New to this platform ins one ways. But my FJ was setup with a total chaos 4+ travel kit with big racerunner shocks and bump stops front. No sway didn’t need one honestly with shock settings. Rear was all metal tech long travel. Was a beast and how I spent my deployment money.
Sponsored