NEW! 2.5" Suspension Systems & Lift Kits from Metalcloak

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Most likely, if anything like their other lift kits, but for good reason. They are meant to handle the added weight of of commen mods like bumpers, winches, armor, and gear.
Thanks, was hoping so. Looking for a 3" lift
Sponsored

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
OP
OP
Metalcloak

Metalcloak

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Metalcloak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gladiator
Thanks, was hoping so. Looking for a 3" lift
Lift height has many variables including how much your rig weighs... aftermarket bumpers, winch, fenders, rockers, skid plates, etc, add up and bring the lift down. In our case, we design our lifts to be true to our numbers on a fully built rig. Therefore a fully stock rig will have a higher lift relatively speaking than a fully built rig.

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
Slightly off topic, but since @Metalcloak and @Matsonian are active in the thread.....
Any update on the front diff skid for 21 and later? Since Jeep changed the fins the earlier one doesnt align to bolt on. The rear golden diaper looks great, just need a front one.
Thanks!

phunktion

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys Sport
Occupation
IT
Lift height has many variables including how much your rig weighs... aftermarket bumpers, winch, fenders, rockers, skid plates, etc, add up and bring the lift down. In our case, we design our lifts to be true to our numbers on a fully built rig. Therefore a fully stock rig will have a higher lift relatively speaking than a fully built rig.
True dual rate 2.5" + Rocksports - does this really articulate enough that a front driveshaft is still recommended or required?

True dual rate 2.5" + Mopar lift Fox shocks - would this be a good match, and would the Fox shocks limited maximum travel alleviate the need for an upgraded front driveshaft?

Sponsored

spiveyracing

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I bought the 3.5 gamechanger it was easy to install, and it actually seems to drive better. I'm impressed with metal cloak. I would have gone with the 2.5 if they offered it at the time.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
True dual rate 2.5" + Rocksports - does this really articulate enough that a front driveshaft is still recommended or required?

True dual rate 2.5" + Mopar lift Fox shocks - would this be a good match, and would the Fox shocks limited maximum travel alleviate the need for an upgraded front driveshaft?

I think this is a great question. The Mopar lift Fox front shocks have an extended length of 26.625" whereas the Rocksports are 30" extended possibly preventing the need for a new shaft but seemingly and simultaneously really limiting the kit's ability to do what it was designed to do. Now that the Mopar kit is 2 grand and of poor value (if you don't care about the warranty like me), I'm rethinking my entire lift kit.

Maybe @Metalcloak can expand on this...

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
I think this is a great question. The Mopar lift Fox front shocks have an extended length of 26.625" whereas the Rocksports are 30" extended possibly preventing the need for a new shaft but seemingly and simultaneously really limiting the kit's ability to do what it was designed to do. Now that the Mopar kit is 2 grand and of poor value (if you don't care about the warranty like me), I'm rethinking my entire lift kit.

Maybe @Metalcloak can expand on this...
Quoting myself on this as maybe @Matsonian is more active. If one forgoes the outboard shock brackets and uses a shorter shock, say 28" fully extended, will that alleviate clearance issues with the front driveshaft? I recognize this would affect suspension travel and not really how the kit was intended but for those wanting to stay with the OE wheels, it might inform some of us that we can use this kit without the shock mounts.
Sponsored