Sponsored

Diode Dynamics - SS6 LED Lightbars - July 4th Sale

Moe-Jave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I've been waiting for this sale and bought the the cowl mount brackets and a pair of the six inch driving lights yesterday.

Diode Dynamics Cowl Mount / Lights

I'm still using the OEM halogen headlights and fog lights on my Mojave and figured this would be an easy and worthwhile upgrade. Anyone running these? How do you like them? I chose the driving lights to help my halogen headlamps out (mostly rural driving on dirt roads). This will be my first aux switch connection!

I've used Rigid pods on my Wranglers and really liked them, but these seem sleeker and the claimed light output is very good (especially the lux @ 10M output). I think any company that simply cites lumens rather a measurement at a fixed distance can say almost anything they want. On a related note, I've measured output on some of the cheaper units out there and have been disappointed.

Jeep Gladiator Diode Dynamics - SS6 LED Lightbars - July 4th Sale 1688140691277
Sponsored

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
I've been waiting for this sale and bought the the cowl mount brackets and a pair of the six inch driving lights yesterday.

Diode Dynamics Cowl Mount / Lights

I'm still using the OEM halogen headlights and fog lights on my Mojave and figured this would be an easy and worthwhile upgrade. Anyone running these? How do you like them? I chose the driving lights to help my halogen headlamps out (mostly rural driving on dirt roads). This will be my first aux switch connection!

I've used Rigid pods on my Wranglers and really liked them, but these seem sleeker and the claimed light output is very good (especially the lux @ 10M output). I think any company that simply cites lumens rather a measurement at a fixed distance can say almost anything they want. On a related note, I've measured output on some of the cheaper units out there and have been disappointed.

1688140691277.png
If you have a mojave, the cowl mounts will not fit.

Fitment
NOTE: This kit is compatible with all Sport, Sport S, Overland, and Rubicon trim levels. This kit IS NOT compatible with the Mojave trim level.

BUT, their lights are amazing to say the least, especially for the price.

OP
OP
Moe-Jave

Moe-Jave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have a mojave, the cowl mounts will not fit.

Fitment
NOTE: This kit is compatible with all Sport, Sport S, Overland, and Rubicon trim levels. This kit IS NOT compatible with the Mojave trim level.

BUT, their lights are amazing to say the least, especially for the price.
Oh no, I was not aware of that. Any sense of what is needed to make those brackets fit? Are we just talking about the brackets? Maybe there's an easy modification?

ATL_Rubi

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caretaker to various super cars
Occupation
Sales
Oh no, I was not aware of that. Any sense of what is needed to make those brackets fit? Are we just talking about the brackets? Maybe there's an easy modification?
I bet there are probably a few here who have made it work, but I'm not sure what that requires.

OP
OP
Moe-Jave

Moe-Jave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet there are probably a few here who have made it work, but I'm not sure what that requires.
Thanks. I've since written them and hope to share good news...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Moe-Jave

Moe-Jave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I've since written them and hope to share good news...
Got a quick reply (and that has been my experience). Customer service is good...

Thanks for reaching out! The Mojave and the 392 have different cowl that is just slightly different. We have found that the hardware and the mount itself do not line up and you cannot get them screwed in. If you would like, I can set your order up for return and get you a return label, or you can try to make them work by modifying them. If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Interesting. I had no idea, but apparently whatever is different about the Mojave is also different with the 392. Anecdotally, I have heard that the Mojave hood is different.

At this point, I'm going to see just how far off it is. Small modifications here don't scare me! :)

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Small modifications here don't scare me! :)
I like your style.

I know KC Lites has come mounts that with with the 392/Mojave

OP
OP
Moe-Jave

Moe-Jave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...so I just caught up on the related threads where bolt gauge/thread might be the factor. Hoping it is just a different bolt or something simple like that here too. It got me thinking they must not have easy access to a Mojave test mule and likely got a complaint that it does not work out of the box, without more details to easily share. I'll know more next week either way when it arrives.

Anyhow, I picked up a bolt thread/pitch board at Amazon, just now, at your suggestion (in the old post). Thanks!

OP
OP
Moe-Jave

Moe-Jave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update:

The regular Gladiator (non-Mojave) Diode Dynamics bracket is too far off to use with minor modifications. You'd have to be willing to remove the bottom triangulating portion or similar. So, I'll be sending it back...

...but the provided powder-coated bracket that is intended to mount on the "main bracket" may be okay. I've done a test fit with a 20mm delrin spacer and a 75mm M6x1 bolt. The top Mojave bolts use a T40 head with a shoulder and is 55mm long.

Since the six inch light bar is pretty light, it may suffice. I'll give it a go for a bit and see what happens...

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Following to see what you come up with

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
OP
OP
Moe-Jave

Moe-Jave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. Yes, now, freshly armed with the information that the Mojave trim level has a unique mount, there are a couple options out there that are proven to work (again, seems it might be the same as the Wrangler 392, but I’m not certain). In my case, I’m only mounting the slimmer six inch bars and hope that means less wind load.

I’m feeling more confident about my setup…what I don’t love about it is my interim bolts. These are merely grade 5 and zinc coated. I’ve ordered some stainless steel hardware that should arrive in a few days. Also, I’m using ”LocTite Orange” to deal with any vibrations and to maybe thwart easy theft?!

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thank you. Yes, now, freshly armed with the information that the Mojave trim level has a unique mount, there are a couple options out there that are proven to work (again, seems it might be the same as the Wrangler 392, but I’m not certain). In my case, I’m only mounting the slimmer six inch bars and hope that means less wind load.

I’m feeling more confident about my setup…what I don’t love about it is my interim bolts. These are merely grade 5 and zinc coated. I’ve ordered some stainless steel hardware that should arrive in a few days. Also, I’m using ”LocTite Orange” to deal with any vibrations and to maybe thwart easy theft?!
They also offer a smaller mount set for some ditch light; which I actually have on my truck now.

Yes, the Mojave and the 392s share the same hood and cowl assembly

OP
OP
Moe-Jave

Moe-Jave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They also offer a smaller mount set for some ditch light; which I actually have on my truck now.

Yes, the Mojave and the 392s share the same hood and cowl assembly
So, they are mounted...I need to aim them tonight, but generally happy with how it turned out. It has a very minimalist look, which I prefer.

I really don't see it being an issue with just a single bolt on the 20mm delrin spacers...but gonna go bouncing around a bit and will report back. ;)

Oh, and I decided on the AUX 3 position. It's one of two lower draw switches, and felt easier to reach. The way this particular setup is wired, it doesn't matter if the draw is higher -- it's setup to draw directly from the battery.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For reference

PXL_20230609_193358633.jpg

PXL_20230604_215255272.jpg