OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
They're definitely photo shopped. But I'd rather spend 30 on a pair than 60 to find out I don't like them
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
They're definitely photo shopped. But I'd rather spend 30 on a pair than 60 to find out I don't like them
Good call. 3rd party seller on amazon so be careful if you think you will be able to return

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Good call. 3rd party seller on amazon so be careful if you think you will be able to return
Yea true..I'm still undecided on what I'm going to do...but I have plenty of time before it's doors off season around here

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
Truth be told, with the doors off you have such a good field of view you really don't need mirrors as longs as you keep your head on a swivel. I have one on there just so I don't get pulled over.

My experience has been that they all are pretty much shaky junk. That link above with the 300 dollar mirrors gave me a good laugh. Those look like a 20 buck set of hotrod mirrors from speedway motors and half a RAM mount.

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Truth be told, with the doors off you have such a good field of view you really don't need mirrors as longs as you keep your head on a swivel. I have one on there just so I don't get pulled over.

My experience has been that they all are pretty much shaky junk. That link above with the 300 dollar mirrors gave me a good laugh. Those look like a 20 buck set of hotrod mirrors from speedway motors and half a RAM mount.
Around here you need mirrors to not get a ticket...

And I still prefer to have them for visibility with the doors off....it's dangerous driving around Boston with out them

Sponsored

robburns76

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max tow
i had similar ones to the OP link on my JK and they were OK. the vibrated and whistled a little bit. I spent the money on CMM (buy once, cry once) and have been happy. only downside is if you go with soft doors (like the OP mentioned) you have to open the window on the soft doors or remove the mirrors.

Canuck33

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Use Kikbax...these are awesome! They have a full lengh steel construction that leverages the hinge and wiring harness. Super easy to install & take off and they never vibrate! I sometimes get a small wind noise depending on how I have the mirror set, but that is unavoidable with any.

They are a bit expensive.

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Use Kikbax...these are awesome! They have a full lengh steel construction that leverages the hinge and wiring harness. Super easy to install & take off and they never vibrate! I sometimes get a small wind noise depending on how I have the mirror set, but that is unavoidable with any.

They are a bit expensive.
Ok guys, I greatly appreciate all the input, BUT AGAIN.... looking for something that WORKS WITH SOFT DOORS.... this means no hinge mounts or interior mounts(CMM)

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Yea true..I'm still undecided on what I'm going to do...but I have plenty of time before it's doors off season around here
Yep you have a little time, me not so much. I could have probably had my doors off today, lol. Aftermarket really needs to catch up on this, or FCA needs to stop being so dumb mounting the mirrors to the door of a removable door vehicle.

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Yep you have a little time, me not so much. I could have probably had my doors off today, lol. Aftermarket really needs to catch up on this, or FCA needs to stop being so dumb mounting the mirrors to the door of a removable door vehicle.
Agreed!
I would think since we are basically 3 model years in (2018 JL ) there would be something
And that includes a decent half door.. but that's another gripe, for another time...

Sponsored

MPJeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave Hydro Blue
Occupation
IT Coordinator
The CMM ones are way more than I'm going to pay for mirrors, regardless of quality.
Also they are useless for soft doors.

I found these other options as well

I'm just not a fan of the round mirror(prefer square)
https://mcaftermarket.com/jeep-wrangler-round-trail-mirrors-pair/

I might try these just for proof of function.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZD2VQCN/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_z1QqEb0PYHC3Y

Did you ever decide on an option that works well for you?

I am looking at the Rugged Ridge mirrors that mount at the windshield hinge and am afraid that they will interfere with my soft doors with uppers when opening.

Thanks

OP
OP

BigRed97

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Did you ever decide on an option that works well for you?

I am looking at the Rugged Ridge mirrors that mount at the windshield hinge and am afraid that they will interfere with my soft doors with uppers when opening.

Thanks
I tried the rugged ridge windshield ones... They sucked. Constantly loosened up and dropped down while driving. And would have definitely stripped the threads if tightened more. They would also definitely interfere with soft doors opening as well.

I never did get soft doors so I ended up getting jpegz and love them. Even though I didnt like the circle mirrors I got used to them quickly and now prefer them.

MPJeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Coordinator
I tried the rugged ridge windshield ones... They sucked. Constantly loosened up and dropped down while driving. And would have definitely stripped the threads if tightened more. They would also definitely interfere with soft doors opening as well.

I never did get soft doors so I ended up getting jpegz and love them. Even though I didnt like the circle mirrors I got used to them quickly and now prefer them.
I have a set of these mirrors and they look like they would match up with the integrated plate on the lower door frame of my soft lowers. I just can't figure out what bolt size or if I need the mounting plates that bestop sells. I have no hardware for them.

20210716_193428.jpg

MPJeeper

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Coordinator
Well if you ever do find yourself wanting soft doors and mirrors for those times you might get caught in the rain, mine worked with these!
Jeep Gladiator Door off mirrors... Rugged Ridge? 20210720_201122

You can pick up a set cheap from any local jeep parter-outer. Daveysjeeps.com has them for $60 a pair. They screwed right into my Bestop soft lowers with minimal effort.
Sponsored