Sponsored

Drag link and tie rod replacement

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Since I have some limitations. A friend is going to help me install these. Install looks pretty straight forward. Only part that looks tricky is removing the steering side of the drag link, which a wedge and hammer should take care of just fine. If we match the measurements to the ones coming off. Is there any need to re-align.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Since I have some limitations. A friend is going to help me install these. Install looks pretty straight forward. Only part that looks tricky is removing the steering side of the drag link, which a wedge and hammer should take care of just fine. If we match the measurements to the ones coming off. Is there any need to re-align.
Getting the drag link to release from the pitman arm is tricky sometimes. You might need a "pickle fork" to get it off. The other rod ends should come out on their own when the nut is removed, or with a blow to the knuckle with a heavy hammer. Measuring will get you really close before installing, but minor adjustment will probably be required. If you know how to do it, a "computer" alignment is not needed. Good luck!

OP
OP

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
Good to know. buddy has a pickle fork. Saw the video on synergy site. Looks like a no brainer. but those are typical famous last words.
Sponsored