Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a rattle or clanking when I drive. Basically when I hit bumps or uneven spots I get a little bit of a rattle/ metal clanking noise. I ensured all my bolts were torqued but when I wiggle the drag link, I can hear the clank at he passenger side joint. I want to just order an after market one anyways but should the drag link do this?
Sponsored

srchingon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
mine does it.
didnā€™t do it or hear it before the 2ā€ lift at 500 miles.
after lift is when i heard it.
Mopar 2ā€
3/4ā€ front spacer
trackbar
rancho geometry correction brackets.

OP
OP
createdbeats

createdbeats

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to order a new drag link. Upgraded everything else. Should do the same for drag link.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I have a rattle or clanking when I drive. Basically when I hit bumps or uneven spots I get a little bit of a rattle/ metal clanking noise. I ensured all my bolts were torqued but when I wiggle the drag link, I can hear the clank at he passenger side joint. I want to just order an after market one anyways but should the drag link do this?
mine does it.
didnā€™t do it or hear it before the 2ā€ lift at 500 miles.
after lift is when i heard it.
Mopar 2ā€
3/4ā€ front spacer
trackbar
rancho geometry correction brackets.
Hello @createdbeats and @srchingon
We recommend bringing this concern to the attention of your dealer. Please let us know if you would like our additional support during your servicing visit.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
As an update I have been having a hard time believeing it was my drag link so I tore into the front end the other day and noticed the lower spring isolators had bent plastic. Im sure I messed it up installing my first lift. After the replacement came in today I took it apart and sure enough I found a spot where the spring appeared to have been contacting the metal. I replaced the isolator and took it for a drive and the sound was gone. Work a look at yours to see if your in the same boat. I can take a picture tomorrow since my drivers side is still messed up. The drivers side iso is on back order apparently.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-lower-spring-isolator-wrangler-jl

OP
OP
createdbeats

createdbeats

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Update - I went ahead and replaced my drag link with a Street Smarts Yeti XD. Fixed my drag link problem. I was getting the majority of the rattle from the front shocks. I did not have them tightened to spec at the top bolts. The vehicle is quiet as can be now. Re torqued everything and the truck rides great. Can finally really get out there and go.
@Gren71, good to hear you got yours good to go as well.
Sponsored