Sponsored

Drain Plug Locations

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
So we all know about the drain plugs in the front of the vehicle, that are super easy to get to. But watching the JT restore vids, I saw several more and thought to post some screen captures of where they are. Now, it looks like they are NOT easy to get to. You have to remove the storeage box to get to twp of them

One under the passenger front seat, next to the floor heating vent.

Three in the rear passenger area, two of which is under the storage box

The mopar mats do not have cut outs for the rear passenger drain plugs that would be under the passengers' feet

drainplug__rear.PNG

drainplug_passenger_front.PNG
Sponsored

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thesonsoflibertyband.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Gladiator Rubicon, Indian Spingfield
Occupation
Musician, Producer
I can’t even find cut outs in the rug for any of those other plugs like there are for the front ones...

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t even find cut outs in the rug for any of those other plugs like there are for the front ones...
yes, very frustrating and especially when some are under the storage box.

looks like you need to remove the whole carpet. I understand for some of them to do so, but even the rear passenger drain plugs where the floor mats go dont have cut outs nor do the rubber mats for them like the front ones dk

HydroRubi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thesonsoflibertyband.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Gladiator Rubicon, Indian Spingfield
Occupation
Musician, Producer
Might be a reason for me to remove all the carpets and linex the tub like I did on my JK...

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Might be a reason for me to remove all the carpets and linex the tub like I did on my JK...
That seems like the way it should have come from the factory or in some fashion like that

Sponsored

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That seems like the way it should have come from the factory or in some fashion like that
Both sides of it, or is there a reason the bottom of the body/frame can't be line-x?

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Both sides of it, or is there a reason the bottom of the body/frame can't be line-x?
Not sure but I saw somewhere someone lined the entire bottom with Sound Assasin Tape from Hot Heads.

Kaysee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Any reason why we couldn’t cut the carpet like the front drains and then re-plug?

or has anyone been able to remove the plugs without taking up the entire carpet?

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Most of those “drain plugs”, are just body plugs. They fill holes in the floor pan that are used to hold the parts in fixtures during manufacturing. They are put in after assembly to keep water out, not to be able to drain it from the inside.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most of those “drain plugs”, are just body plugs. They fill holes in the floor pan that are used to hold the parts in fixtures during manufacturing. They are put in after assembly to keep water out, not to be able to drain it from the inside.

Really? Cause they look just like the plugs up front for easy removal for draining, not like the body plugs in the bed

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Different plugs in different types of holes, depending on where it is, etc. I built BMW X3, 5, 6, and 7’s for the last 20 years. I suppose they could be used as such, but, I’m sure that’s not the original purpose.
Sponsored