Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks did not know that
The mojave is basically a deisel frame gladiator with a gas motor, beefy shocks, soft springs, and a 392 mopar hood. should've come with a 392 imo. but i'll just have to do that myself.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The mojave is basically a deisel frame gladiator with a gas motor, beefy shocks, soft springs, and a 392 mopar hood. should've come with a 392 imo. but i'll just have to do that myself.
So any Gladiator with a diesel has a Mojave frame under it?

PuddleJumper

First Name
Cortlund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' JTM, 22' JTR, 22' F56S,
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lockheed Martin ASW Test Technician
Vehicle Showcase
So any Gladiator with a diesel has a Mojave frame under it?
as far as i can tell yes. same code same reinforcements, steel knuckles on the front axle, etc. I've gone to the dealer and compared. just like the mojave the deisels have extra steel plate on the front coil perches, additional steel along the frame rails at specific point, a HD version of cross bracing, among other things. But the most important part i can tell is the matching frame part code. The only reason the Mojave is gas is for weight savings considering what its suspension is set up for.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
as far as i can tell yes. same code same reinforcements, steel knuckles on the front axle, etc. I've gone to the dealer and compared. just like the mojave the deisels have extra steel plate on the front coil perches, additional steel along the frame rails at specific point, a HD version of cross bracing, among other things. But the most important part i can tell is the matching frame part code. The only reason the Mojave is gas is for weight savings considering what its suspension is set up for.
It would make some sense - there's a lot more weight up front and you'd absolutely need something that could handle the weight of that 3.0 coming down hard on the suspension.

Sponsored

Gohmerphyle

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave V8, 2022 Wrangler 392
My Battery is dead if I don't drive it for 3 or 4 days. I put every accessory on hard switches and it still drains dead. I ended up replacing my battery with an Antigravity Lithium with a reserve shutoff. Now I just push the remote button (came with the battery) or push the button on top of the battery and everything turns back on.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My Battery is dead if I don't drive it for 3 or 4 days. I put every accessory on hard switches and it still drains dead. I ended up replacing my battery with an Antigravity Lithium with a reserve shutoff. Now I just push the remote button (came with the battery) or push the button on top of the battery and everything turns back on.
You realize there are two batteries in these, right?

So you are basically shutting down all truck systems every time you park?
That must be interesting with everything synching back up with every restart.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
This is a situation where I would suggest that the Aux Battery needs to be replaced. The parasitic draw is high, but should not drain the batteries in only four days.

Gohmerphyle

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a situation where I would suggest that the Aux Battery needs to be replaced. The parasitic draw is high, but should not drain the batteries in only four days.
I will check that. Does the aux battery charge from the main or only when driving from the alternator? I put an ammeter on all my aftermarket lines and after putting switches in-line nothing was sucking on it that I could see but it still drains from something OEM.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I will check that. Does the aux battery charge from the main or only when driving from the alternator? I put an ammeter on all my aftermarket lines and after putting switches in-line nothing was sucking on it that I could see but it still drains from something OEM.
The aux battery is in parallel with the main battery.
It has its own charging line through the N3 leg of the high current fuse array in the end of the PDC.
It charges from the alternator normally.

Power can still be drawn from one battery to the other - either way - and also the main is still connected to the electronics when it's just sitting there in a garage, all through the cabling that goes through the PCR (relay between the two batteries) to the aux battery up to N1
So a draw in the truck like a faulty radio or other item can drain down the main battery while it sits.
If the aux battery is bad, it MAY draw current from the main battery, draining it.
If the main battery is bad, it MAY draw current from the aux battery, draining it.

Gohmerphyle

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The aux battery is in parallel with the main battery.
It has its own charging line through the N3 leg of the high current fuse array in the end of the PDC.
It charges from the alternator normally.

Power can still be drawn from one battery to the other - either way - and also the main is still connected to the electronics when it's just sitting there in a garage, all through the cabling that goes through the PCR (relay between the two batteries) to the aux battery up to N1
So a draw in the truck like a faulty radio or other item can drain down the main battery while it sits.
If the aux battery is bad, it MAY draw current from the main battery, draining it.
If the main battery is bad, it MAY draw current from the aux battery, draining it.
Thanks, that helps a lot.
Sponsored