Sponsored

Dual Door Group w/ Premium Uppers with Soft Top?

BonesDT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
I'm trying to build a Rubicon that comes with both the Premium Soft Top and the Dual Door Group w/ Premium Uppers.

I get that you can't get both the Dual Door Group AND the Dual Top Group, probably because there is not enough room in the pickup bed to store both a soft top and the half doors for shipping. So this rules out the X models, which come standard with a hard top and the only way to add the soft top is to get the Dual Top Group.

But in trying to build a non-X Rubicon (which comes standard with the Premium Soft Top) on Jeep's website, it keeps forcing me to swap out the soft top for the Black 3-Piece Hard Top when I choose the Dual Door Group w/ Premium Uppers.

In reviewing the Order Guide the AJS Dual Door Group w/ Premium Uppers qualifications are "M/H CSD OR CT6; N/A W/AEN; N/A W/AJG; N/A W/PDS" which translates to "Must Have Roll-Up Tonneau Cover or Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover; Not Applicable with Dual Top Group; Not Applicable with Dual Door Group (Lowers Only); Not Applicable with Anvil Clear Coat".

So what am I missing? Why do I have to switch to the hard top to get the half doors w/ uppers? Is the website wrong? Are the half door Premium Uppers incompatible with the Soft Top (because this is how I plan to run most if not all year round)?
Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It may just be an error on the site, it happens all the time. When the order guide disagrees with the website, defer to the order guide as it's the correct document and what the dealer order system goes by. BTW, the premium uppers definitely work with the soft top, that's how I run mine all summer.

IMG_0983 (1).jpeg