Dual Door Group

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending
MY22 can be ordered with half doors from the factory. "Dual door group"

Two versions: Base, and Premium.

The Dual-Door Group with Base Uppers (AJB) must have a black Sunrider soft top (STA) and roll-up tonneau cover (CSD) or a Mopar tri-fold tonneau cover (CSU) or Mopar soft tri-fold tonneau cover (CT6). The Dual-Group will not be available with limited paint colors, Dual-Top Group (AEN), or premium black Sunrider soft top (ST2). The Base Upper package will have a U.S. Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $4,590.

For the Dual-Door Group with Premium Uppers (AJS), customers are required to have a hard-top (HT1) or (HT3) or premium black Sunrider soft top (ST2) and roll-up tonneau cover (CSD) or Mopar tri-fold tonneau (CSU) or Mopar soft tri-fold tonneau (CT6). The package is not available with limited paint colors, Dual-Top Group (AEN), or black Sunrider soft top (STA). The Premium package will have a U.S. MSRP of $4,990.
Sponsored

phranican

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 YJ4.0l, '20 Telluride SX, '21JTR
Great! Hopefully, for those of us with a Gladiator already, we are one step closer to being able to order the half-doors from Mopar

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Great! Hopefully, for those of us with a Gladiator already, we are one step closer to being able to order the half-doors from Mopar
You can already order them now, if you already have a gladiator. You always have been able to. The Wrangler doors are exactly the same as ours. There were a few members on here with factory half doors from Mopar

Sponsored

phranican

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 YJ4.0l, '20 Telluride SX, '21JTR
You can already order them now, if you already have a gladiator. You always have been able to. The Wrangler doors are exactly the same as ours. There were a few members on here with factory half doors from Mopar
I could be wrong but I dont think thats the case yet. I dont see JL half doors available outside the dual door group new vehicle order. Pretty sure JT half door owners purchased their’s via someone’s JL dual door order.

worked

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 2021
Occupation
Cyber Security Engineering Manager
I could be wrong but I dont think thats the case yet. I dont see JL half doors available outside the dual door group new vehicle order. Pretty sure JT half door owners purchased their’s via someone’s JL dual door order.
You’re not wrong, this is the current case.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Has anyone built their own? 68284733AA

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/front-half-door-shell-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt

What would we need? Just this, the linkage for the lock, a handle, and inner panel? Might get expensive, but looks doable.

Last edited:

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
Is there a source for this? Asking because it's very easy for this info to come from the JL side and get mislabeled to Gladiator.

This would be super cool but I'm also surprised due to the half door and bed height alignment issue which, to my eyes, somewhat mars the look of the halfdoor versus on the JL. My dream scenario would be a JT-specific half door which runs about an inch higher and fits with the bed height line...

EDIT: Found a non-Jeep source but better than nothing. Two new thoughts: I see they require a tonneau which makes sense since they must be packaging the doors inside the bed under the cover to be protected. Someone smarter than me could calculate the needed volume but I'd guess without mirrors they'd fit okay...? I had previously read they weren't selling the half door bundle on Gladiator because they couldn't fit the doors in the back and wouldn't ship separately so requiring a tonneau makes a ton of sense as a workaround. On the other hand the 'no dual top group' seems silly. That's a rule in Wrangler because they can't fit the softtop and the doors inside a JL, but isn't the Gladiator softtop shipped in the back seat? I wonder if the rule just got ported over without a lot of throught, or if some of the half doors are going in the seat and other doors/parts the bed.

Last edited:

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
I wonder why they just wouldn’t give you the option of getting only half doors.
As you probably know, they did on the JK. We had them on our JKU and I saw only 5 others in 100k miles of ownership.

Guesses I've heard for their lack of availability standalone on JL are 1) profit seeking from Jeep due to the package cost; and 2) assembly simplicity where all Jeeps get standard doors installed on the line and the half doors are basically just bundled in once off the line, like how the bedliner is handled.

EDIT: As I say above it looks like this issue has been solved by mandating a tonneau. Original text follows: Also, since I don't want to make THREE posts in a row in this thread, this reminds me: one reason I heard for no half doors on Gladiator is that there isn't a secure space to ship them since Jeep is concerned sending any accessories separate from the vehicle. If this report is true they must have relaxed that rule.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

spectre6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pending

Criz98

First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jl
Jeep Gladiator Dual Door Group 1F45C48E-C222-428B-A54C-EA1ADD258E22
Jeep Gladiator Dual Door Group EF200048-9F24-4892-A96A-E504476DCA0A

new in box half doors for gladiator/jl with premium uppers. Pm me if interested. thanks!

Atch

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Painter
I just picked up my Gladiator I ordered with the dual door group. The boxes filled the bed AND the backseat so you'd better have a plan to get them home if you have 3+ people. Luckily we weren't trading in a vehicle so we didn't have to try to figure out an alternative. Just wanted others to be aware before showing up trying to figure out how to get it all home. I did have to transfer everything from the backseat to my wife's car as my son wanted to ride with me 🤣🤣

20211120_172348.jpg

20211120_172356.jpg
Sponsored