First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
I had a DV8 rear bumper on my JKU and never had any issues. Over 5yrs and it never showed rust and i used the D rings in the rear numerous times for pulling points. I never had to deal any warranty issues but I will say I called DV8 and asked about when the bumper would come in stock and they told me the date and gave me 10% off and free shipping which made it about $45 cheaper than everyone else was selling it for at the time. I didn't watch the video but I don't put a lot faith in online videos. If I buy something and it works then I'll probably buy from the company again. All I can say is I have the rear bumper installed on mine and it was a real easy install, less than a hour, and it feels pretty stout. I'm pleased with it.
watch the video. it's pretty messed up. the bumper even damaged his quarter panels.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
watch the video. it's pretty messed up. the bumper even damaged his quarter panels.
Looks like he didn't install it right. He's missing the larger washers on the bolts. Something wasn't done right during that install.l, he admitted he was new to finding jeep parts.

I could be wrong but that what it seems like to me after watching the video. Like I said, I don't put a lot of faith in online videos, I like seeing things for myself. I know a lot of people running DV8 stuff without any issues.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK, 2016 JKU, 2020 JT Mojave
I dont know, after watching a video from JL Life and seeing how poor his bumper was made, I am very hesitant on DV8 bumpers and warranty support.

I’ll second Jeeper Jamie on this. It’s not the same bumper or production run. This bumper fit perfectly. No drilling, sanding, trimming, grinding, or monkeying required. No slots, only perfectly matched connections.

edit, I wouldn’t install the bumper in the video. The slots allow for movement, I don’t care how tight you get the bolts. Just to reiterate, there are no slots on this bumper. The connections are exactly like the factory.

JBlack23323

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Technical trainer
So I bought this bumper and I was wondering if anyone has a install guide. I looked on the dv8 website but couldn't find anything.
Sponsored