Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
Demon Swapped Earl just getting wrapped up at AMW4x4

hiiii.jpeg

IMG_6992.jpg.jpeg
This was just on Dirt Road Cred. Some of those Gladiators...WOW people have a LOT of disposable income lol
Sponsored

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
I gotta say... Earl is a beautiful color. As much as I think Gobi is still the best color on a Gladiator, if Earl was out when I ordered my Gobi, I think I would have had to give some really deep thought.
Simply gorgeous.

23EarlMojave

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Just traded my 2019 JLUR for a 2023 Earl Mojave! I'll miss the 6-speed, but I love how much better the Mojave rides. I'm ready to get the project build underway and prepared for OC Jeep Week!

Jeep Gladiator EARL GREY Gladiator JT club IMG_2354

Jeep Gladiator EARL GREY Gladiator JT club IMG_3826.JPG

Sponsored

Dave-in-RI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GrowMeaningful.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Subaru Outback (trade-in for 4xe Gladiator)
Occupation
Nonprofit Organizational Development Consultant
aaaaaand it’s gone ; no more Earl :(

Dave-in-RI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GrowMeaningful.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
From a wrangler site in January— allegedly the color was dropped from the Jeep site December 2022 but as of this spring the dealers could still pick it on a build page. Unsure of status as of today, late Aug 2023 or if it’s on the 2024 (it IS available on the 2024 Wranglers, but then so is bikini) . I’m a few months out from buying anyway, so I’ll just cross my fingers until then:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/earl-gray-unavailable.107261/

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
reluctantly meant “settling” for Hydro Blue
I felt the same way. Mine was used which limited my selection immediately. I was partial to the slate gray colors but my wife reminded me we have 2 SUV's in that color now so she made the call on the Hydro Blue. No regrets.
My brother owns a 21 Snazzberry JL and I think the color works. I have never seen another in that color.

Earl Grey is a bit weak and watery for my taste but that's just it, "my" taste.

Dave-in-RI

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GrowMeaningful.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
bit weak and watery for my taste
Def agree on Earl being weaker, and wanting a bikini cause of how bright it is, but the yellows/red aren't for me, and the Hydro Blue is such a distant second (to bikini) that I thought maybe better to just go for something different w/ the Earl. I really was pleasantly surprised by a lot when I saw it in person, it wasn't yet another gray color, and being unique (vs "yet another crayola blue" anything), won me over. And then of course I immediately learn it's probably no longer available, ha!

chesafreak

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Glad
Def agree on Earl being weaker, and wanting a bikini cause of how bright it is, but the yellows/red aren't for me, and the Hydro Blue is such a distant second (to bikini) that I thought maybe better to just go for something different w/ the Earl. I really was pleasantly surprised by a lot when I saw it in person, it wasn't yet another gray color, and being unique (vs "yet another crayola blue" anything), won me over. And then of course I immediately learn it's probably no longer available, ha!
In the same boat on wanting the Bikini, would consider wrapping it if i didnt put blue rims on mine. Earl is actually one of my favorites and if my jeep wasn't less than a year old I would have thought of trading for it. My only downside of this color is everyone other manufacture is doing the "primer" paint jobs, Toyota being the biggest offender. Although lunar rock is great and would be my top choice if looking at a yota.

Sponsored

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
I didn't like the blue (wife's choice) but if I were buying new I would chose the color I liked best. Very personal decision and that's why I said it wasn't my "cup of tea" :). I have never seen one in person so I am sure it looks different then. I wasn't a fan of Snazzberry either until I actually saw it.

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
I just love what it does in different lighting conditions.

So far I have seen mine in situations where it could have passed for white, sky blue, seafoam green, slate gray, and some darker blue/green. Fun tricks for the eyes.

Phishs

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JTM, 21 JTR (traded)
I’ve been patiently waiting for a bikini Gladiator but don’t think that’s going to happen for 2024 and have run out of time; my car needs to be replaced in the next couple months. This reluctantly meant “settling” for Hydro Blue, and I’ve filled an album on my phone with pics of them in various combos of painted this, black that, etc.. I just don’t want another dark car (driven a dark gray near black Outback for 9 years straight, a black Jeep for 3 before that, a dark blue Jeep before that, and a black Jeep before that— essentially 15 years of dark! I wanted something bright and happy; call it a midlife, just not red). I saw Earl online and couldn’t get a feel for what it looked like “in real life” because some pics were enhanced, some looked like lunar rock, and overall I figured it was just “one of those” fake army rig colors. I’m a bikini blue guy, not a bro dozer guy. But then yesterday- wow, a Wrangler drove by my house that was like teal grey baby blue. I was moving the recycling bins and stopped in my tracks. Earl! It was a cloudy day but man was there so much color in that gray! It wasn’t a douchey color at all, it was damn near pastel. I know on a full sun day or at night it’ll go gray, but I was so pleasantly surprised and totally get it when people in this thread say “pics don’t do a justice” or “you have to see it in person”. Closest thing I can compare the visual experience to is taking a picture from like a hike / scenic vista and then you look at the pics and it looks small / has no impact. Like pics of the Grand Canyon vs being there. Same with Earl— “oh I get it, must look cool” and then you see it and it’s like “ohhhh, totally different”. I’d say the color actually is closer to the enhanced ones, which is why they’re enhancing them ha. So if you’re on here and on the fence, and don’t want another boring gray or think it’s too military vehicle leaning, go take a drive to see one at a lot, on a cloudy day so it’s not washed out / overexposed. This message brought to you by coffee…
Bikini is a late availability color for 2024.