Ecodiesel Tuning

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna
Alright so I see a lot of mention of tuning these things, both to increase power and fuel economy. I’ve also seen mention of bypassing emissions systems.

What I can’t seem to find is what exactly is being bypassed, and what the side effects are. I’ve seen the DPF delete pipes and tunes, and have read that the EPA can fine you $2500 for doing that, along with no shop ever being willing to touch it again.

I definitely don’t want any fines/trouble, but what is out there to improve reliability of these things? The biggest concerns I’ve seen have been related to emissions equipment. A buddy of mine is planning on having “everything” deleted off his big Cummins, but I don’t even know what that means.

Thanks for any insight!
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so I see a lot of mention of tuning these things, both to increase power and fuel economy. I’ve also seen mention of bypassing emissions systems.

What I can’t seem to find is what exactly is being bypassed, and what the side effects are. I’ve seen the DPF delete pipes and tunes, and have read that the EPA can fine you $2500 for doing that, along with no shop ever being willing to touch it again.

I definitely don’t want any fines/trouble, but what is out there to improve reliability of these things? The biggest concerns I’ve seen have been related to emissions equipment. A buddy of mine is planning on having “everything” deleted off his big Cummins, but I don’t even know what that means.

Thanks for any insight!
https://www.greendieselengineering.com/Welcome.action

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
is it possible to get another computer to swap back and hide any trace of tuning for the warranty period?

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Possible but most likely would not work for what you are asking as it would not have any historical data if you swapped it back in for warranty work, also be concerned of damaging the emissions equipment with some type of tune.
Sponsored