First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
What’s up guys, the fam and I are currently banging out a cross county road trip and living out of the GFC for the next month. Started in San Diego, and checking out NOLA right now. Been having some issues with our fridge set up and curious if anyone here could help out.

I initially ran the dometic 12v power supply direct from my battery and had been using that setup to run the CFX3 55 for the past 5 months or so with no issues. After our first day traveling through Arizona and New Mexico, I noticed the fridge would randomly power off. I attributed it to maybe the high temps through the dessert and elevated temps in the truck bed. The fridge would just completely shut off and not respond for about 10 minutes. I’d have to unplug the 12v socket and wait a few minutes before it kicked on. Sometimes I would have to switch it altogether over to my 115 AC outlet in the truck bed.

Due to this and not wanting any food to spoil on our trip, we picked up an Ecoflow River Pro at REI. I have borrowed my brother in laws for a recent Yosemite trip and had great results using it. Ecoflow gets powered by the alternator via the 115AC bed outlet while driving to charge it up, and then the fridge is powered by the AC outlet when the truck is off. Running this set up in Yosemite had great results. I could get about 2 1/2-3 days on one full charge on the ecoflow.

So here we are in New Orleans, pulled in about 4 Pm yesterday with a full 100% charge on the ecoflow. Check the fridge this morning thinking I’d surely have plenty of battery left, come out to find 0% battery charge and the fridge off…

Any ideas why I may be getting poor results? Faulty dometic? Faulty ecoflow? Human error? Anything you guys recommend I check to make sure everything is working right? Won’t have access to a voltmeter until next week when I get to my parents house. Current settings for the fridge are:

Ice maker off
Battery protection: low (switched from med when I plugged into the ecoflow)
Temp: 32(I’ve noticed the temp is usually gets around 34-36 in the fridge with this setting)

Also, I should note, airflow in the back is relatively minimal. The gfc gets pretty hot with the black panels and since we’re cross countrying we have a decent amount of stuff loaded up. That being said, the battery and fridge fan outlets are free from obstructions.

Sorry for the long winded post, hope you guys can help us out.

hope this is posted in the right place! Thanks guys!

D98D5E2C-6F99-431F-B273-FDCF7B7EFA59.jpeg

527727ED-70D9-447E-B2B0-70CC6040E867.jpeg

40761977-DB04-4715-8231-A0D43B4633A5.jpeg

AF8D79D9-1162-4E95-BB0B-921C5BBB1C85.jpeg

D56F4106-8A24-4048-81F6-319BC0344989.jpeg
Sponsored