William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
The Gladiator edged out the Tacoma for for 2nd, but the Ridgeline?
https://www.edmunds.com/truck/

Jeep Gladiator Edmonds best midsize truck ranking 0153A1B2-5350-406D-A7CE-98E1B4A9C539
My oldest son has a Honda, I will say that for most urbanites wanting something to run to Menards or trash to the dump, it is the ideal truck. Have you been in the cabin, it is as roomy as a full size and it has a trunk under the bed that you can lock, no need for an $1000 bed storage system. Keep in mind that they are ranking for the masses. Most people aren't worried that they can't climb a rock with their truck, they just want to get to the store or work when it snows. Most people aren't trying to tow 7000# or haul a 1/2 ton of material, they just need it to hold a bed full of mulch, some 2x4's, the consummate 4x8 sheet of plywood.

Sponsored

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
My oldest son has a Honda, I will say that for most urbanites wanting something to run to Menards or trash to the dump, it is the ideal truck. Have you been in the cabin, it is as roomy as a full size and it has a trunk under the bed that you can lock, no need for an $1000 bed storage system. Keep in mind that they are ranking for the masses. Most people aren't worried that they can't climb a rock with their truck, they just want to get to the store or work when it snows. Most people aren't trying to tow 7000# or haul a 1/2 ton of material, they just need it to hold a bed full of mulch, some 2x4's, the consummate 4x8 sheet of plywood.
My neighbor has one and the tailgate is multifunction, has the trunk in the bed, interior is nice I agree and as someone who with no rock crawling experience can understand all of the points above. It also has the Honda reputation which is outstanding. I never really gave it consideration because to me it is funny looking. I think there is a market for the way it functions but I guess I’d prefer it look the part a little more or get crazy good mpg which I don’t think it does. All my opinion and not meant to offend. My neighbor might have an opinion about my truck too.

OP
OP
A 2

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
I’m not knocking Honda. They make great, reliable, good value, vanilla vehicles.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Ridgeline, for those that want a truck, with the sexiness of a mini van.

OP
OP
A 2

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Ridgeline, for those that want a truck, with the sexiness of a mini van.
Haha. Hijacking my own thread here but once saw a sticker on the back of a minivan that said “Condoms prevent minivans”.

Genoa Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave 2021 Jaguar F Type 2018 Range Rover
Occupation
Self Employed
After much research we were going to buy a Ridgeline based on its reviews. The decision to purchase a truck was solely based on a specific need to transport stuff for the horse. When we went to the Honda dealership we stopped in at the Jeep dealership before returning home. Now we have a Mojave in the garage and couldn't been happier. This in no way suggest that the Ridgeline would have been a bad choice. However, we would not have had nearly as much fun along with the overall experience.

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
My neighbor has one and the tailgate is multifunction, has the trunk in the bed, interior is nice I agree and as someone who with no rock crawling experience can understand all of the points above. It also has the Honda reputation which is outstanding. I never really gave it consideration because to me it is funny looking. I think there is a market for the way it functions but I guess I’d prefer it look the part a little more or get crazy good mpg which I don’t think it does. All my opinion and not meant to offend. My neighbor might have an opinion about my truck too.
The thing I most like about my sons is the spacious cabin. It really is close to a full size. And even though I love the the look of my Jeep. I've never been one that buys for looks, it has always been by needs. The Gladiator was not bought because of looks. It was because it is a truck and a convertible. Since getting it I've come to appreciate being able to drive in less than ideal conditions like a beach.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The thing I most like about my sons is the spacious cabin. It really is close to a full size. And even though I love the the look of my Jeep. I've never been one that buys for looks, it has always been by needs. The Gladiator was not bought because of looks. It was because it is a truck and a convertible. Since getting it I've come to appreciate being able to drive in less than ideal conditions like a beach.
I’ve always had a truck for practicality and my wife has always had a Camry. Ive wanted a Wrangler or a convertible since I was old enough to drive (25 years now)but always ended up with the above mentioned truck. The truck allowed me to haul, plow, and tow a little and was nice and spacious for family road trips and had 4x4 for the winter. In the Gladiator I now have a truck, convertible, can haul and tow and will be fine in the snow but I did give up some interior and bed cargo space. The one thing I have never really had before is a vehicle that I thoroughly enjoy looking at. I have that now too. coming from a Tundra I may have given up some reliability but only time will tell. I’m hoping to get Sandi out on the beach too.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Not sure how many of those Honda sells but it sure is ugly.
It's kind of ridiculous to compare the Ridgeline as it's barely even a truck. However, IMO if you bought a Gladiator for its beauty, you need to find a new optometrist.

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's kind of ridiculous to compare the Ridgeline as it's barely even a truck. However, IMO if you bought a Gladiator for its beauty, you need to find a new optometrist.
See my response above about why I bought. The look has grown on me but I will say that after following this forum for a year or so prior to the truck being released I was kind of disappointed in the proportions when it was finally revealed but over the following year it grew on me and then I finally pulled the trigger about a month ago. Maybe the cool factor makes up for some of the proportion issues. Not quite sure but I like it

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
See my response above about why I bought. The look has grown on me but I will say that after following this forum for a year or so prior to the truck being released I was kind of disappointed in the proportions when it was finally revealed but over the following year it grew on me and then I finally pulled the trigger about a month ago. Maybe the cool factor makes up for some of the proportion issues. Not quite sure but I like it
I've said pretty much the same thing several times before on this forum. I always wanted a Jeep but needed a truck, and so far this fits the bill. That I could get it with a stick was icing on the cake. And I totally agree that its function over form gives it the cool factor.
Sponsored