Sponsored

(Edmunds) Jeep Gladiator Rubicon vs. Chevy Colorado ZR2 - 2019 Off-Road Truck Comparison

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
JT wins!

rcjoe

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, Z06, WS6
Well not worth an extra 15k-20k for a diesel version... Looks like I'll keep my ZR2.... Funny though Toyota wouldn't lend them a Tacoma for comparison lol

Last edited:

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Well not worth an extra 15k-20k for a diesel version... Looks like I'll keep my ZR2.... Funny though Toyota wouldn't lend them a Tacoma for comparison lol
Where did you get 15k-20k? I don’t want the diesel anyway so I don’t care, however that sounds like one of the most ridiculous estimates I have heard.

Sponsored

rcjoe

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, Z06, WS6
Where did you get 15k-20k? I don’t want the diesel anyway so I don’t care, however that sounds like one of the most ridiculous estimates I have heard.
i paid 41-42k with ttl for my ZR2 diesel give or take... add an extra 3-5k for diesel on a similar optioned rubicon gladiator with MT's as tested price of 54-55k on a gas version and then you add ttl and your looking at around 60k give or take... its a great vehicle and I'm definitely still considering it but i won't be trading my ZR2 anytime soon for one... we will see what chevrolet comes up with next and decide from there.. Even if you go MSRP to MSRP your still looking at well over 10k with similar options considering diesel will cost 3-5k

Last edited:

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
i paid 41-42k with ttl for my ZR2 diesel give or take... add an extra 3-5k for diesel on a similar optioned rubicon gladiator with MT's as tested price of 54-55k on a gas version and then you add ttl and your looking at around 60k give or take... its a great vehicle and I'm definitely still considering it but i won't be trading my ZR2 anytime soon for one... we will see what chevrolet comes up with next and decide from there.. Even if you go MSRP to MSRP your still looking at well over 10k with similar options considering diesel will cost 3-5k
Ok I thought you were saying that a diesel would add 15-20k over a similarly equipped gas JT. Hence this statement here:

Well not worth an extra 15k-20k for a diesel version...
Not sure you comparison is apples to apples, but at least I now understand how you got the huge numbers.

rcjoe

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, Z06, WS6
Ok I thought you were saying that a diesel would add 15-20k over a similarly equipped gas JT. Hence this statement here:

Not sure you comparison is apples to apples, but at least I now understand how you got the huge numbers.
ahh i got ya... pretty sure once you see the options added by MT the numbers would make more sense.. but the major differences i see is that the ZR2 already has a lot of the options that are offered on the Rubicon gladiator included with the ZR2 package.. like auto trans, leather seats, tow package, and seat warmers and etc which really drive the price of the gladiator up... Sucks because i really like it too
Sponsored