Sponsored

Factory horn still doesn't work after dealer replaced

• Thread starter Deleted member 21141
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 21141

the dealer had to replace my ecm..long story..lol anyway the factory horn doesn't work and again long story the dealer won't deal with it. Checked the fuse its good. Any help would be appreciated greatly
Sponsored

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired
the dealer had to replace my ecm..long story..lol anyway the factory horn doesn't work and again long story the dealer won't deal with it. Checked the fuse its good. Any help would be appreciated greatly
Did the horn work before they replaced the ECM? If not, since you did check the fuse, there might be a problem with the clock spring under the steering wheel. Does the horn chirp when you lock it up? (selective)

OP
OP

Deleted member 21141

Did the horn work before they replaced the ECM? If not, since you did check the fuse, there might be a problem with the clock spring under the steering wheel. Does the horn chirp when you lock it up? (selective)
No the horn does not chirp on lockup. Fuse is good . How extensive is replacing the clock spring ?

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
No the horn does not chirp on lockup. Fuse is good . How extensive is replacing the clock spring ?
I would exhaust ALL other possibilities before attempting to replace that item. Most vehicles have their horn circuit run through a relay. However, there is not one designated for that purpose in this case. All I see controlling power is F91 20A Yel. Try this; turn the steering wheel with engine running back and forth while holding the horn depressed and if you get any kind of response the clock spring is at fault. Get back. Also check to see if the terminals at F91 is powered on either side with or without depressing the horn. Will require a helper. Get back.

OP
OP

Deleted member 21141

I would exhaust ALL other possibilities before attempting to replace that item. Most vehicles have their horn circuit run through a relay. However, there is not one designated for that purpose in this case. All I see controlling power is F91 20A Yel. Try this; turn the steering wheel with engine running back and forth while holding the horn depressed and if you get any kind of response the clock spring is at fault. Get back. Also check to see if the terminals at F91 is powered on either side with or without depressing the horn. Will require a helper. Get back.
No noise from the horn turning the wheel side to side . Fuse is not blown power too both sides

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
It IS an annual safety inspection item. FCA has to fix it one way or another. I wouldn't know where to go from here without a wiring diagram. Good luck.
Sponsored