Falcon shock and bumps stop question

1proudpapa

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator overland
I have a question regarding falcon 2.1 Monotube shocks and bump stops. I just ordered these shocks in the 0-1.5 lift option.

I have an overland that I have added a 1 inch teraflex level kit to the front and recently switched my wheel/tire combo to 17x9 with a 33 inch tire.

I see that on their description page, they say this:
  • Bump stop configuration varies depending on shock absorber collapsed length, tire size, and fenders – See instructions for proper configuration for your application.
  • May require 2" Bump Stop Strike Pad Extension Kit (# TF-1959500) and/or 0.5" Bump Stop Strike Pad Shim Kit(s) (# TF-1959300)
Problem is I am unable to find these instructions online to see if I need them or not. I am wondering if I need these extension kits or not? I plan to keep the stock overland springs. And just add the falcons. This is a daily driver and I won't be doing any serious wheeling. Just fear bottoming out the shocks on a rare occurrence like a pot hole.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

Vincent

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I have a question regarding falcon 2.1 Monotube shocks and bump stops. I just ordered these shocks in the 0-1.5 lift option.

I have an overland that I have added a 1 inch teraflex level kit to the front and recently switched my wheel/tire combo to 17x9 with a 33 inch tire.

I see that on their description page, they say this:
  • Bump stop configuration varies depending on shock absorber collapsed length, tire size, and fenders – See instructions for proper configuration for your application.
  • May require 2" Bump Stop Strike Pad Extension Kit (# TF-1959500) and/or 0.5" Bump Stop Strike Pad Shim Kit(s) (# TF-1959300)
Problem is I am unable to find these instructions online to see if I need them or not. I am wondering if I need these extension kits or not? I plan to keep the stock overland springs. And just add the falcons. This is a daily driver and I won't be doing any serious wheeling. Just fear bottoming out the shocks on a rare occurrence like a pot hole.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
I have the same question as above if anyone would have Input would be greatly appreciated! Also, any thoughts as well on the ride on/off road?