Feeling Let down about the ordering process

JeepDoctor

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler and 1998 Wrangler
As I read post yesterday I saw someone say they ordered their vehicle on 5/3 and just got it this weekend. As I ordered my LE on 4/3 at 5 pm pre order and sit here still waiting— I feel let down and anger towards the whole process. Just wanted to vent a little. Disgusted with FCA and this whole experience I have had so far. Thanks for your undivided attention.
Sponsored

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 FJ40, 2000 TJ & 2020 JT
I'm waiting on mine too (ordered 5/17). It will be worth the wait! I'm using the time to freshen up my TJ before the JT takes all the attention..

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
As I read post yesterday I saw someone say they ordered their vehicle on 5/3 and just got it this weekend. As I ordered my LE on 4/3 at 5 pm pre order and sit here still waiting— I feel let down and anger towards the whole process. Just wanted to vent a little. Disgusted with FCA and this whole experience I have had so far. Thanks for your undivided attention.
Welcome to the club. What’s the last 6 of your vin? I have one of the lowest and my est ship date was today and I’m still in D1. I vented in the order status thread. Lol.

Rubicon Bob

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Rubi, 17 Grand Cherokee, 2020 GCM LE Gladiator
I know how you feel. Ordered my LE on 4/4. Supposedly in C status. And no VIN yet.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Welcome to the club. What’s the last 6 of your vin? I have one of the lowest and my est ship date was today and I’m still in D1. I vented in the order status thread. Lol.
VIN number in no way correlates to build date, they not not in sequential order either.

Sponsored

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE 2018 JLUR
FCA really botched the whole LE project. But that is what you get in big corporations when marketing is not controlled by the sales group. I deal with this everyday in the corporate world.!

My dealer has been very involved in my LE order process. Still an independent dealership and rumor has it that the owner and service manager ordered LE’s at the same time as me.

My LE is expected to deliver late this week. I received updates when it left Toledo, an update when the train hit Waco, and an estimate of when it would reach the unloading point about 50 miles from the dealership.

I should have the vehicle at the end of the week. It took 6 weeks for my JL to arrive and looks like 7 weeks for the JTLE.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
2 months isn't a long wait. When the JL came out, there were people who waited close to a year for their order while others received their jeep in a month. There is no rhyme or reason.

I ordered a 2019 JLUR the second day that the order banks were open. People that ordered 2 months after me recieved theirs first. It can be frustrating but know it can be worse. Some people ordered and their jeep ended up going to FCA execs instead etc.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Incorrect
100% correct. I have ordered nearly 20 FCA vehicles in the past 5-6 years. The VIN means nothing in regard to when your jeep is built and they are not in sequential order. This can easily be seen on the JL Forum. Members that ordered after other members had lower VIN numbers.

MaximusDecimusMeridius

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Red LE, 2014 Sierra 6in lift, 2015 Ford Fusion
100% correct. I have ordered nearly 20 FCA vehicles in the past 5-6 years. The VIN means nothing in regard to when your jeep is built and they are not in sequential order. This can easily be seen on the JL Forum. Members that ordered after other members had lower VIN numbers.
The have been issuing them sequential by order time/von if you've been paying attention

Especially the LE builds

Now they are building them however they'd like despite order times...which is what we are complaining about

Last edited:

Sponsored

HigBeasty

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I feel your pain. I knew I was going to get one the day they revealed them back in November. Pre-registered and ordered my Launch Edition.
Currently still in D status.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
@steveale, I know you feel like you been wronged by FCA and Jeep in the ordering process. The thing is, I don't think you have. I went back in your post to see when your order went in. You posted you order was not sent in until 5pm EST 4/4. That was 5 hours after mine. Your Vin when assigned was way lower than everyone else here. If I remember correctly something happened with the order and in the correction your Vin was given. This is the only the FCA did wrong. They give you a very low Vin and false hope. My order went in at 11 or noon 4/4 and got a build date of 5/21. Your was 5 to 6 hours later and got 6/2. I don't think that is unfair. Both of us don't have our trucks yet and have to live through others that do have them. In time our trucks will be here. My fingers are crossed that this is the week for me. You day will be here soon as well.

lucky7t

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JK Rubicon 4dr, 15 JK Sport 4dr
My complaint is the lack of communication from fca not my dealer . I still feel like the launch editions should of been priority . I know everyone has stated the launch really doesn’t mean the actual launch . Never heard that from fca though. Just quiet and little tiny bits of information. While every dealer has them in the lots . Makes zero sense to me.

I would of already bought one if I hadn’t sent my wheels and tires and lift to the dealer .

steveale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1951 M38, 2020 Gladiator LE
@steveale, I know you feel like you been wronged by FCA and Jeep in the ordering process. The thing is, I don't think you have. I went back in your post to see when your order went in. You posted you order was not sent in until 5pm EST 4/4. That was 5 hours after mine. Your Vin when assigned was way lower than everyone else here. If I remember correctly something happened with the order and in the correction your Vin was given. This is the only the FCA did wrong. They give you a very low Vin and false hope. My order went in at 11 or noon 4/4 and got a build date of 5/21. Your was 5 to 6 hours later and got 6/2. I don't think that is unfair. Both of us don't have our trucks yet and have to live through others that do have them. In time our trucks will be here. My fingers are crossed that this is the week for me. You day will be here soon as well.
Not sure where you got that info. My order went in at 7:04 am when the system opened for ordering at 7 am. My dealer had a deposit at noon. My vin number has never changed.

Dietruck

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE, 2004 Z06, 2021 Model Y
Not sure where you got that info. My order went in at 7:04 am when the system opened for ordering at 7 am. My dealer had a deposit at noon. My vin number has never changed.

Your post from 4/4.

"My typical luck...I had a meeting then immediately commuted for an hour when the information became available. I didn't get my order submission in until almost 5:30 pm ET. I wonder how far down the call list I am now....?"

2019_06_03_10.42.04.jpg
Sponsored