First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler, Saab 9-3
Occupation
USAF
First Jeep, first post. I knew this was the truck that I always wanted back when I first saw it in 2018 or 2019. I had my 03 ZR2 for about 10 years but circumstances forced me to sell it a few years ago. My wife has only ever had Jeeps (Grand Cherokees) but I was always a GM guy. However, after selling the ZR2 I bought a Ram 1500 and have fully switched to MOPAR.

My wife and I have been pretty blessed and have been able to get her dream ride, a 2021 JLU in Snazzberry, and in February I custom ordered a Hydro Blue Gladiator Sport S (80th anniversary package). It showed up at the dealership about 3 weeks ago but we had to close on a house purchase first. The wait was killing me as I have been driving a Compass since selling the 1500.

We just got the new house keys today and I get the new truck keys tomorrow! I have been reading this forum since I placed my order and I am impressed with the community and I appreciate all of the advice on here. I’m not really a gear head but I do consider myself a vehicle enthusiast so I am very excited to have a vehicle with so much aftermarket support since I always customize vehicles slightly. Looking forward to many miles of smiles!

Jeep Gladiator FINALLY able to get the dream rig! 66A722C4-1E03-4ED0-B1D6-0CC8ED045DCE
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies
Congratulations! I bought mine in march, first Jeep as well, you're going to love it.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
.......................... you're going to love it.
Understatement of the year.

I went from driving pickups when needed, normally under 7,000 miles a year (huge insurance discount for under 7500 a year) to getting this JT and driving it so much the first few months I blew the 7500 away and lost my discount. Going for groceries, church, pick up a load of block at Menards, whatever the trip, we take my truck.
My wife still beats the 7500 with her Grand Cherokee - normally comes in at 5,000 a year but her goal is to keep them like new forever and keep the trade-in value up really high. The only time I drive her WK2 is when I take it to town to get gas in it so she can drive it to her quilting friends get-togethers.

My poor JT is showing wear already and I've never even had it off the road yet (unless driving through our acreage counts and using the winch to pull my neighbor's big generator off a trailer and onto the slab he poured for it counts as Jeep stuff)

We've been Jeep people for decades, since my first - a brand spanking new 1987 loaded Comanche SporTruck shortbox.

Bucephalus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator/ 20 AMG GLB 35/ 02 Ranger/ 06 BMW M3
Occupation
Laboratory and Medical Supplies

I went from driving pickups when needed, normally under 7,000 miles a year (huge insurance discount for under 7500 a year) to getting this JT and driving it so much the first few months I blew the 7500 away and lost my discount. Going for groceries, church, pick up a load of block at Menards, whatever the trip, we take my truck.
My wife still beats the 7500 with her Grand Cherokee - normally comes in at 5,000 a year but her goal is to keep them like new forever and keep the trade-in value up really high. The only time I drive her WK2 is when I take it to town to get gas in it so she can drive it to her quilting friends get-togethers.

My poor JT is showing wear already and I've never even had it off the road yet (unless driving through our acreage counts and using the winch to pull my neighbor's big generator off a trailer and onto the slab he poured for it counts as Jeep stuff)

We've been Jeep people for decades, since my first - a brand spanking new 1987 loaded Comanche SporTruck shortbox.
I've put on 4800 miles in less than 3 months!! Had to take a 112mile trip(each way) on friday to pick up a pallet of gloves.--wind was blowing 25mph-30mph and gusting in the mid 40's. I was driving with one hand the whole way up--Just handled like a dream!

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
First saw the gladiator only months after buying a new car. Wished I had never seen it because I instantly fell into buyers remorse. Cured It by buying a gladiator just weeks ago. Congrats!

CaptNkllm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Congrats!!! Ours landed the same way... house closed then picked the gladiator up the following weekends had for 6 months and just made 4000 miles..

98960DFE-D228-4CCB-B212-2B9251ADE2CC.jpeg

79B71626-2667-4DFB-8257-A589B3743C48.jpeg

Sponsored

Gelo

First Name
Gelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Occupation
Accountant
Congratulations! First time Jeep as well. I’ve always wanted a Jeep but would never pull the trigger because it doesn’t check all the boxes for my needs. On, December 1, 2018, I saw it at the LA Auto Show. It was then that I knew I had to have it. The bed in the back is the last box that needed to be checked. December 18, 2020, bought me my first Jeep! I’m still giddy when I drive it. I took the tops off this past weekend and drivers just give me a thumbs up. Welcome to the club!😎

OP
OP
Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF
Congrats!!! Ours landed the same way... house closed then picked the gladiator up the following weekends had for 6 months and just made 4000 miles..

Jeep Gladiator FINALLY able to get the dream rig! 79B71626-2667-4DFB-8257-A589B3743C48

Jeep Gladiator FINALLY able to get the dream rig! 79B71626-2667-4DFB-8257-A589B3743C48
Good to hear that I’m not the only one! It seems like everything just decided to happen all at once, but it’s all good things. The hydro blue is sweet!

TxSmitty

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to your newest addition!

OP
OP
Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF

From what I can tell basically anything is “Jeep stuff.” Top and doors off on a sunny day, hardcore off-roading, cruising down a gravel road to a trailhead, using it as a tool like you described, as long as it’s not bubble wrapped in a garage somewhere. That’s what I think is cool. People USE these vehicles. Some more than others but I would imagine everyone is having more fun than the average Toyota Highlander driver.

OP
OP
Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USAF
Congratulations. Looks like multiple blessings indeed!
Thanks! Here’s the biggest blessing we had recently. Of course he got a Jeep to match dad! It’s been one heck of a year haha

6703E212-64E8-4833-8460-3C405BE32229.jpeg
Sponsored