First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
These are very speed sensitive on the highway. Much over 70 MPH, the fuel economy drops pretty quickly. If I can keep it to 70, I get over 20 MPG on the highway even with the heavier tires and Alu-Cab. That’s for a JTR gasser.

No kidding. :LOL:

Me last May - “I’ll put a camper shell on it and call it a day.”

Fast-Forward to September - New wheels, tires, programmer, door panel skins/cover (keep dog from scratching them up), etc.

Fixing to install a radio w/antenna and looking at getting a Sunrider.

Jeep ownership is a slippery slope for anyone that’s into tinkering with stuff. I.e. If TJ prices came down (doubtful with used car prices in general at the moment), I’d pick one of those up
I am that way as well. Always tinkering and looking for additional things to do to them.
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
OP
OP
FreedomWV

FreedomWV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Freedom Edition High Velocity
Occupation
Business
This is after he melts down a credit card or 2 on mods.
I probably spent a good 8-10k on upgrading my Ram so I know all about that. Lol

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
I came from an F250 diesel and don’t miss it. I really enjoyed the diesel power, especially after a few mods, and it was big and quiet inside. But it was also huge outside and terrible to park, and I really missed having a Jeep. Now that I’m no longer towing a boat every weekend the JT checks every box for what I actually need out of a truck, while also giving me the ability to do fun Jeep stuff.

Curt Oz

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Coming from 2 Ram 1500's with the 5.7 and a Dodge Dakota, I wouldn't even think about comparing it to the Ram's.

The Dakota with the V6 maybe. 🤔

Sponsored

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Coming from my 2500 Ram, the ride is very comfortable and smooth in comparison. I actually enjoyed the quietness of the interior vs the Ram.
The Ram 2500 is a 3/4 ton truck with heavier duty suspension and to this day still based on the previous generation of Rams. I can relate to the similarities in ride and cab noise to the Mojave.

Coming from a new gen 1500 DT (new in 2019) Laramie to my JTM was a different world in ride and interior serenity by comparison. Much more refined.

Even though I find myself comparing the two (due to missing the sheer comfort of the Ram) I know that these trucks are a night and day difference by design that really shouldn't be related. ;)

OP
OP
FreedomWV

FreedomWV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business
The Ram 2500 is a 3/4 ton truck with heavier duty suspension and to this day still based on the previous generation of Rams. I can relate to the similarities in ride and cab noise to the Mojave.

Coming from a new gen 1500 DT (new in 2019) Laramie to my JTM was a different world in ride and interior serenity by comparison. Much more refined.

Even though I find myself comparing the two (due to missing the sheer comfort of the Ram) I know that these trucks are a night and day difference by design that really shouldn't be related. ;)
So far, I’m not missing my 2500. This Gladiator fits my needs and when it actually warms up that top is coming off.

Jrap

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys, 2019 Wrangler JL 2.0
Occupation
Banker
I owned my 2016 Ram 1500 Longhorn Ecodiesel (4x2) for nearly 7 years, traded it on my 2022 Willys gasser 5 months ago. I no longer tow my RV, so I can't say I miss the towing power (the 1500 Ecodiesel was tremendous for that). The Willys is way better to tool around town with, easier to drive and park. Hands down the Longhorn was the long haul winner, it could eat miles at 80-90mph like no other vehicle made given its size, comfort and efficiency. This Willys can hardly go that fast! I liked the way my Ram 1500 looked, but LOVE the way this Willys looks! Looking forward to my first summer with the soft top down! Average MPG's on the Ram was around 21 (as high as 30 on highway trips), average on the Willys is around 16 (no better than 20 on highway). Given the price of diesel vs regular gas, it's a push, no cost difference. Would I do the switch again? Early read on the switch is YES! I regret lots of decisions over time, but this one so far is sitting pretty well.
Jeep Gladiator First real trip in the new Gladiator vs 2500 Ram Gladiator 031823

OP
OP
FreedomWV

FreedomWV

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business
I was looking at my Jeep yesterday, and noticed several large rock chips on the rear door hinges after only 500 total miles from the road cinders. I am still awaiting the delivery of my weather tech flaps. I cannot believe they would design it this way, this is not a good thing.
Sponsored