Sponsored

Floor mats, don't bother to read unless you want to laugh at my idiocy.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Howdy All,

So I want some good all weather floor mats, I go to Amazon and order these floor mats.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CMV8WWN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Reading the description is says OEM, well when they showed up in an opened, damaged package left by my garage not the front porch, I took them out and tried to install them. Took the stock removable small carpet mats out, went to install the new mats and the location studs in the floor of the Jeep and the holes in the mats that are supposed to fit over those studs are about three inches off and there is no hole in the floor for the mat drain to fit into.

And the return policy with Amazon it horrible, they want me to drive 30 miles one way to take these things to a UPS drop station to be returned before I can get a refund. Now if the drop station were next door rather then 30 miles away round trip 60 miles, if gas weren't darn near 6 bucks a gallon and if my time meant nothing this would be wonderful as it is it kinda sucks. Rant over what kind of floor mats have you folks used, where did you buy them, what brand are they? Thanks for any help you can give.

Dave
Order them from quadratec and they’ll fit
Sponsored

spanishmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Gladiator, 2012 Ford F-150
Occupation
Something... something... software.
OK. Don't get offended, but are you sure you don't have them reversed? I ordered my OEM slushmats off eBay, but in the picture, they were reversed. It's not super intuitive. But, the drain plug will always go towards the outside edge.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy Bill,

You must be as old as I am to have gotten my jest. You nailed it.

Dave
LOL - sometimes it's actually fun to be older.
When I read your post, no hesitation, I knew instantly and could even hear Foghorn Leghorn saying that.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2021, Gladiator, Rubicon, Snazzberry, MANY others
Occupation
retired
OK. Don't get offended, but are you sure you don't have them reversed? I ordered my OEM slushmats off eBay, but in the picture, they were reversed. It's not super intuitive. But, the drain plug will always go towards the outside edge.
Howdy spanishmack,

Sir, THANK YOU. YES, like an idiot I was trying to put the passenger side on the drivers side. "I" "assumed" that far forward end which is longer would go UNDER the gas pedal. My mistake. I cut out the carpet, pulled out the plugs, installed the mats, inserted the plugs.

Some things that drive a person up the wall are really quite simple, "IF" you have clue as to what your doing. THANKS AGAIN. Now I have to edit my original post to reflect my incompetence.

Dave

spanishmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Gladiator, 2012 Ford F-150
Occupation
Something... something... software.
Howdy spanishmack,

Sir, THANK YOU. YES, like an idiot I was trying to put the passenger side on the drivers side. "I" "assumed" that far forward end which is longer would go UNDER the gas pedal. My mistake. I cut out the carpet, pulled out the plugs, installed the mats, inserted the plugs.

Some things that drive a person up the wall are really quite simple, "IF" you have clue as to what your doing. THANKS AGAIN. Now I have to edit my original post to reflect my incompetence.

Dave
Holy crap. I was actually able to help someone. The wife will hear of this...

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
Howdy All,

So I want some good all weather floor mats, I go to Amazon and order these floor mats.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CMV8WWN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Reading the description is says OEM, well when they showed up in an opened, damaged package left by my garage not the front porch, I took them out and tried to install them. Took the stock removable small carpet mats out, went to install the new mats and the location studs in the floor of the Jeep and the holes in the mats that are supposed to fit over those studs are about three inches off and there is no hole in the floor for the mat drain to fit into.

And the return policy with Amazon it horrible, they want me to drive 30 miles one way to take these things to a UPS drop station to be returned before I can get a refund. Now if the drop station were next door rather then 30 miles away round trip 60 miles, if gas weren't darn near 6 bucks a gallon and if my time meant nothing this would be wonderful as it is it kinda sucks. Rant over what kind of floor mats have you folks used, where did you buy them, what brand are they? Thanks for any help you can give.

Dave
These are great , nicely formed to fit tight, newer rubber compound not slippery.
Screenshot_20220517-194723_Samsung Internet.jpg

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy spanishmack,

Dave
Well, all is not lost. You didn't spend the extra 10 bucks for the plugs that don't come with the mats (but are in your Jeeps floor)
Imagine the people that complained, spent the money on plugs, then finally figured out how the mats go in...........
But I'd bet that many of those buyers drop the mats in and never bother running that drain part through the carpet.
Wise to ask.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Holy crap. I was actually able to help someone. The wife will hear of this...
Now you can go to the boss in the morning and ask for a raise.
That's just too funny, good one.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy spanishmack,

Dave
No problems, we all have days like that.
After I read your header on this thread I had to read though the whole thread.

OP
OP
mr. cob

mr. cob

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mr-cob.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2021, Gladiator, Rubicon, Snazzberry, MANY others
Occupation
retired
No problems, we all have days like that.
After I read your header on this thread I had to read though the whole thread.
Howdy Darrell,

Yes, we all have our days, mine seem to be coming more often, getting old I guess.

Dave
Sponsored