MORTON

MORTON

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
From what I read with The Orlando Jeep Club, they have plenty of bone stock jeeps that go out with them out there too, and don't have any trouble, but they may take a lil less technical route. But this is also supposed to be a great trail and since getting my gladiator, been wanting to get out on it.
Can you please ask some of those folks in that club which trails to take?

I had a guy recon the area and he said it’s pin stripe city.. Trails are way too narrow. While normally us Jeep people don’t care, most of us still making payments do..

When he posted pictures up on the JL side people weren’t to happy with the idea..

I will still be out there at some point over the holidays to get mine with a few others using main trails that are more wide open. I also heard they closed the old fun zone..

If you could confirm with those folks that would be great..

At any rate I have posted the following on the JL side for now until we get more details:

“I think we’ve decided on a more subtle approach to this years get together.

It will likely be a beach run and out to eat, hang out type of thing. If you’re still interested let me know. We will make a day of it. Me and a some other members will be doing it so anyone is free to join.

More details to follow!”

The beach run mentioned above would likely take place in St Augustine.
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow

I had a guy recon the area and he said it’s pin stripe city.. Trails are way too narrow. While normally us Jeep people don’t care, most of us still making payments do..

When he posted pictures up on the JL side people weren’t to happy with the idea..

I will still be out there at some point over the holidays to get mine with a few others using main trails that are more wide open. I also heard they closed the old fun zone..

At any rate I have posted the following on the JL side for now until we get more details:

It will likely be a beach run and out to eat, hang out type of thing. If you’re still interested let me know. We will make a day of it. Me and a some other members will be doing it so anyone is free to join.

More details to follow!”

Unfortunately, I dont kno anyone from that group. They do have a website, tho, so maybe can find someone to email? https://orlandojeepclub.com/

I'd be down for a beach run in st. Augustine as well. Maybe beach camp too.

Keep us updated on which one happens. Already got 29 thru new yrs off in anticipation of trail ride. Maybe I can try to catch TOJC at one of their meet n greets.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer

More details to follow!”

I live in Orlando area and have been on the Ocala trails many times with my JK and before that TJ....both 2dr. Trails are narrow...very narrow...no way I am taking my new ...still scratch less JT there.

And yes, last I was there the "fun zone" was closed.

That said...beach run sounds great :)

Modeldude

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HB Mojave
Occupation
Professional Over Complicator
Gainesville checking in...

OP
OP
MORTON

MORTON

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I live in Orlando area and have been on the Ocala trails many times with my JK and before that TJ....both 2dr. Trails are narrow...very narrow...no way I am taking my new ...still scratch less JT there.

And yes, last I was there the "fun zone" was closed.

That said...beach run sounds great :)
Lets make it happen Captain! Beach it is more to follow

Sponsored

OP
OP
MORTON

MORTON

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Just happened to notice this busted used car lot with a JT already. Wonder what the deal is with that? I’ve seen the same thing when the JL came out though. Maybe they couldn’t afford it? Half tempted to ask what they want for it lol

Jeep Gladiator Florida Roll Call! BD1B84F3-013B-4E6D-A05D-EDF09B39C412

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
What about Anastasia State Park? Never been but it looks like a nice place.

OP
OP
MORTON

MORTON

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
What about Anastasia State Park? Never been but it looks like a nice place.
Its VERY nice there but you can no longer drive on the beach. We could certainly do the beach run and head back to that spot as there is a HUGE parking lot there adjacent the camp grounds. You have to pay to get in unless you’re a Veteran or have a FL State park pass.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MORTON

MORTON

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
@MORTON any good beach Or local primitive camp sites in st. Augustine?

Nevermind the time it says or the route (it only maps roads we would be on the beach front.)

That strip of beach will take approx 1hr to commute (I did it today).

This is what I’m thinking for our beach run.

Mid size parking lot at the end should we choose to use it. Or we could just hang on the beach. Or head back up to Anastasia. You can only drive SOUTH on our beaches. This time of year it is FREE to drive on the beach only 4x4’s (of course we’ve got that covered).

I’ve got about 4-5 so far on the JL side that’s down.

Wife/kid/dog or whatever is cool too.

Jeep Gladiator Florida Roll Call! 5A6DA3AD-2A97-4BFB-A22C-A187D5A5B28F

Frogwopp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi JT
Bummer, working and can't make that day. Will have to keep an closer eye on this thread for future dates.

OP
OP
MORTON

MORTON

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Bummer, working and can't make that day. Will have to keep an closer eye on this thread for future dates.
Take a day off why don’t ya geez you deserve it!

OP
OP
MORTON

MORTON

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
**2020 Holiday Beach Run**

Jeep Gladiator Florida Roll Call! BF2A91B9-25A8-4316-94E9-61903D179BF6

Who: ANYONE!

What: This year since we couldn’t do a trail run OR a beach run at Jeep Beach we’ve decided to do our own Beach Run (Family & dog friendly)!

When: Wednesday, December 30th @ 1200

Where: We will meet at the “staging area” St Augustine Pier parking lot @ 1200 and proceed to Alpha St where we will all enter the beach access. We will drive about halfway down, stop, chill for a bit and make our way down to the off ramp by Fort Matanzas National Monument. After that we can then head back up and grab some chow at Salt Life.

Staging Area Address:

350 A1A Beach Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32080

Alpha Street Beach Access Address:

A St, A1A Beach Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32080

Salt Life Address (located across the street from our staging area):

321 A1A Beach Blvd, St Augustine, FL 32080

Jeep Gladiator Florida Roll Call! 5AC6F7B0-073C-408D-BF34-56E68BEC031D

Salt Life Menu (PDF also attached):

Jeep Gladiator Florida Roll Call! 6749044E-0F69-4CDC-B1A6-F95C44FC30A3 Jeep Gladiator Florida Roll Call! 40198214-3E00-42EC-B21A-FCADC8D536BE

We hope to see you all there as we had a great turnout at our Trail run last holiday season!

-Will update this post if any changes are necessary

**Please DO NOT QUOTE post so that people do not get confused if changes are made. Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited:

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Count us in. Punk'n JTR from Orlando.

Does Salt Life allow dogs? Thinking about bringing out Chocolate Lab that loves the beach.
Sponsored