Sponsored

Freedom panel security

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Just brainstorming here but since the backseat is out and the rear hardtop removed... maybe I could pick up one of these?

My luck, they’d take the bear too!

Screenshot_20210525-234826_Google.jpg

Any suggestions/reviews? Did a search but didn't come up with all that much. Maybe check JL threads?
Sponsored

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Just read this thread. Set up a lock somehow on the hinging lock , middle front each panels?
I will look, my interest peaked. Our equipment at work can be locked at that hinge. My understanding is it is for when doors are off... obviously doors on, no worry.
Jeep thought of seats locking, glove box and console. A small hole in hinge for a TSA like small lock, would be a deterrent for otherwise honest folk or slightly rambunctious kids.

twbranch

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Metrologist
Really? You haven't heard about all of the T-top and similar thefts?
It's a big deal - makes money for the thief. You have your roof panels stolen, you report to insurance and/or look for replacements and wow, there happen to be some good used ones for sale out there. And the process repeats.
When we had our t-top Camaro, it was a big deal to make sure they were locked in place or otherwise secured to prevent theft.
It's a very real thing for some vehicles to have roof panels stolen.
I don't know if it is or ever will be a problem, big or small, for Jeep, but those panels fit tens of thousands of Jeeps, so............
Not around me. People steal more lucrative products to resell not a roof top. That's a stupid thief for stealing a roof top.

NotmyJt

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Just read this thread. Set up a lock somehow on the hinging lock , middle front each panels?
I will look, my interest peaked. Our equipment at work can be locked at that hinge. My understanding is it is for when doors are off... obviously doors on, no worry.
Jeep thought of seats locking, glove box and console. A small hole in hinge for a TSA like small lock, would be a deterrent for otherwise honest folk or slightly rambunctious kids.
I suggested that earlier. Maybe op didn’t see it though

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not around me. People steal more lucrative products to resell not a roof top. That's a stupid thief for stealing a roof top.
LOL - so much wrong with that. All thieves are stupid - selfish, likely sociopaths, no feelings of empathy. They invade the space and privacy of others.

I've not watched the police reports like perhaps you have, to be able to say no t-tops, roof panels, etc. have been stolen. :beer:

Our area is also a hot spot for gun thefts. Hasn't happened for a while but we were warned a few years ago that at least 6 places in our area had been broken into and guns taken. (another reason to have a good gun safe)

Funny thing about thieves - too often it's not really about money (save for the addicts who need a quick fix)

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I suggested that earlier. Maybe op didn’t see it though
I didn't see it either. So I guess that good idea goes to you. As always... the early bird catches the worm. I showed up late, no worm for me.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This one prefers grape jelly........

Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel security 20210506_093505_HDR

Sponsored

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
Right on. That makes sense, was thinking without a visual aid.

Thanks for that. Appreciated.

Edit... now that I'm thinking about it though.... those freedom panels are damn thin... not sure it could take much depth to secure a screw against strong arming.

I'll keep thinking. Not gonna let the crackheads win this one.
How about some type of thing like The Club Steering wheel lock. But it would go around and lock two of the flip handles together so they couldn't open. Could again use a screw in each handle to secure it.
Jeep Gladiator Freedom panel security 1622142098447

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
But the second mouse gets the cheese…
Not with 5 cats.........
but the wise mouse does indeed wait for the foolish mouse to rush to the cheese.
They don't seem to give a rip about their friends. More interested in the cheese.
Never did hear one say "No, Joe, don't! It's a TRAP!
But I'm sure I have heard a squeak that sounded like "SUCKER!"
Sponsored