First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
Looks good. How much did the front end drop? Let me know how much more you hit the hydro bumpstops. I hit mine a lot already.

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
Exactly the setup I went with. Painted the "teeth" Punkn'. Love it.

OP
OP
Roly0037

Roly0037

First Name
Roly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Looks good. How much did the front end drop? Let me know how much more you hit the hydro bumpstops. I hit mine a lot already.
Thanks, to be honest I never measured the before and after. Looks to be minimal since it is not noticeable so far. My next project will be adding 2 inch spacers and going to 35s. I have 20k miles on the original tires now hoping to get another 8-10k miles before I upgrade them.

OP
OP
Roly0037

Roly0037

First Name
Roly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Exactly the setup I went with. Painted the "teeth" Punkn'. Love it.
Originally I wanted the Rubicon bumper but i couldn't find a decent deal on a used one. Then I found this similar set up online. I knew i wanted my winch to sit low and didn't want a bulky bumper. Am so glad i didn't get the OEM Rubicon now. I feel pictures don't do it justice.

Sponsored

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
That was my exact train of thought as well. I hate when the winch sits up high on the bumper. The Rubi is ok, but when I saw the Arcus, that was it for me. Not everyone's favorite item, but I absolutely love the big a$$ hooks.

Eventually, I will take it apart. I want to bring the hooks to my machine shop and put a big 3/8" radius on the inside edges and inside the holes.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Originally I wanted the Rubicon bumper but i couldn't find a decent deal on a used one. Then I found this similar set up online. I knew i wanted my winch to sit low and didn't want a bulky bumper. Am so glad i didn't get the OEM Rubicon now. I feel pictures don't do it justice.
How the winch sits should be a function of the mounting plate. I found slight differences between the two plates I've used.
With the Rubicon style bumper and bulldog winch plate, the top of my winch sits below the grill slots.

Jeep Gladiator Front Bumper Upgrade 1685633386799

Sits down into the bumper, almost too low in some respects. I had to make sure the fairlead bolted on high to keep the rope off the bottom of the bumper slot. That's how low the winch fits with this winch plate.

My guess is mine sits lower in my bumper than yours does if that matters.
However, your new bumper closes up the gaps on top and is more form-fitted to the front of the truck (and solid looking)

Jeep Gladiator Front Bumper Upgrade 1685633565500

OP
OP
Roly0037

Roly0037

First Name
Roly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
How the winch sits should be a function of the mounting plate. I found slight differences between the two plates I've used.
With the Rubicon style bumper and bulldog winch plate, the top of my winch sits below the grill slots.

Sits down into the bumper, almost too low in some respects. I had to make sure the fairlead bolted on high to keep the rope off the bottom of the bumper slot. That's how low the winch fits with this winch plate.

My guess is mine sits lower in my bumper than yours does if that matters.
However, your new bumper closes up the gaps on top and is more form-fitted to the front of the truck (and solid looking)

Yeah i really like that OEM look with the winch sitting low. Which is why I wanted the OEM look, but a used Rubicon bumper plus a winch plate just didn't seem cost effective for me. But very nice set up u got there.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
Much needed upgrade. Went with the Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper and the Badland Apex winch that i was able to get on sale over the Memorial Weekend.

Nice look! Also looks like you were able to keep/use the factory LED fog lights.

carmigo

First Name
Carmigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Occupation
We help sellers get multiple offer for their car in as little as one business day.

Sponsored

Dayo

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator
Occupation
Tech
Similar. There was a question about drop. I lost about 1/2". But I'm also running MetalCloaks 2.5" true dual.

20230427_191723.jpg