Sponsored

Frontrunner Extreme Roof Rack + Onboard Solar System (Videos)

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

I'm super stoked to finally have this thing on. This more or less completes the core of my roof setup--now I just have to bolt a few things on to it. I built a slide out solar system some time ago in preparation for this rack, and it's finally in place, but isn't wired just yet--I'll be doing that along with my lights (two side-firing LEDs, and a handful of marker lights) at the same time. The vehicle itself is already completely wired for solar though, so all I have to do is route the extension cables in to the bed and plug them in. I'd like to make headway on all of that by the coming weekend.

Check out the video above! Hit that subscribe button if you're so inclined, and feel free to ask any questions either here or there.
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
Wait, didnā€™t I reply to this thread already?

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, didnā€™t I reply to this thread already?
Lol! I cross posted over here (on my build thread as well) since it pertained to multiple sections. You commented on the overlanding section post.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD
Ahh, lol.

I usually only click on the whatā€™s new.

I stand by my comment, looks great!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

I figured I'd update here instead of posting something somewhere else. I made some improvements to the solar system on my roof rack. It's coming along!

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...

I'm super stoked to finally have this thing on. This more or less completes the core of my roof setup--now I just have to bolt a few things on to it. I built a slide out solar system some time ago in preparation for this rack, and it's finally in place, but isn't wired just yet--I'll be doing that along with my lights (two side-firing LEDs, and a handful of marker lights) at the same time. The vehicle itself is already completely wired for solar though, so all I have to do is route the extension cables in to the bed and plug them in. I'd like to make headway on all of that by the coming weekend.

Check out the video above! Hit that subscribe button if you're so inclined, and feel free to ask any questions either here or there.
Total Fan boi here. Your build is like reading my mind. I researched toppers and came across RSI then found your info - one of the first I saw with the RSI topper. I was also researching a roof rack and here you are installing the front runner. And you have Punk'n. Love your rig and great idea on the solar sliding panel. Thanks!

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Total Fan boi here. Your build is like reading my mind. I researched toppers and came across RSI then found your info - one of the first I saw with the RSI topper. I was also researching a roof rack and here you are installing the front runner. And you have Punk'n. Love your rig and great idea on the solar sliding panel. Thanks!
Appreciate it! I think it's coming along haha.

It's actually Firecracker Red! I have noticed that it looks orange-ish in some of my videos though.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Appreciate it! I think it's coming along haha.

It's actually Firecracker Red! I have noticed that it looks orange-ish in some of my videos though.
Oops. OK. Not a fan boi any more... :CWL: just kidding you are doing a great job and thanks for the great YT videos!

OP
OP
TheHops

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Oops. OK. Not a fan boi any more... :CWL: just kidding you are doing a great job and thanks for the great YT videos!
Lol! Suppose I can't make everyone happy.

Thanks! More content to come!
Sponsored