Fuel Mileage and First Impressions

Bekah

First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I'm actually pretty impressed with what I'm getting right now. Not going into anywhere near the detail as the OP, I'm running 37's with cold psi about 38. My daily commute is 80 miles round-trip with a mixture of high-speed highway and hard stop and go gridlock along with some aggressive city driving. My total commute time per day average is around two and a half hours. With that said, I'm coming out to about 19 mpg.

The same commute with a gas F-250 resulted in just over 14 mpg consistently.
Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually pretty impressed with what I'm getting right now. Not going into anywhere near the detail as the OP, I'm running 37's with cold psi about 38. My daily commute is 80 miles round-trip with a mixture of high-speed highway and hard stop and go gridlock along with some aggressive city driving. My total commute time per day average is around two and a half hours. With that said, I'm coming out to about 19 mpg.

The same commute with a gas F-250 resulted in just over 14 mpg consistently.
Good to know! I have about the same drive each day (abt 45 min in the a.m., and shitty traffic for about 1.5 hrs in the afternoon.) this relieves any angst I had about big suspension and tire mods.

Bekah

First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Good to know! I have about the same drive each day (abt 45 min in the a.m., and shitty traffic for about 1.5 hrs in the afternoon.) this relieves any angst I had about big suspension and tire mods.
Dang! Your commute is practically identical to mine! I leave around 4:30 in the morning to drive into DC and then leave the office at 2 p.m. to sit and all that crap.

Woodchuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 AEV Brute DoubleCab
I'll find out once my Gladiator arrives, but everyone seems to be running quite a bit higher PSI than I run. I keep mine right at 29psi cold. I used the chalk test and watched wear patterns to get to this pressure. I know everyone loads their vehicles differently and has different equipment so take this for what its worth. I can tell the difference just a few pound of pressure makes in not only the steering but also overall comfort level. Oh, I also run 37's so that might contribute to the difference more than I think.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Dang! Your commute is practically identical to mine! I leave around 4:30 in the morning to drive into DC and then leave the office at 2 p.m. to sit and all that crap.
Yeah, I live north of Houston, and work SW of Houston. There are 3 loops around Houston, but a couple million people tends to fill em up, quick

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone compared highway speed MPG's driving by foot, using standard cruise, and Adaptive cruise? I've been using ACC quite a bit and like it. Did a 3 hr 75-78mph drive using regular cruise instead yesterday and saw 18.4 mpg. That is a bit more than a 1 mpg gain over the same drive with ACC. Stock JT Rubicon, auto with 3200 mi.
Sponsored