Sponsored

Gator touch up paint code?

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Gator-colored hinges have taken a few good stone hits now, and they're going to need some touch-ups before I put on some sort of protection to keep it from getting worse.

Gator Green is paint code PGV, supposedly. However, PGV is also used by the color Deep Beryl Green (though that color is sometimes listed as "CGV, PGV"). All of the usual sources show PGV paint touch-up pens in the Deep Beryl Green color, which is VERY different from Gator. Some light googling reveals Mopar part number 6103286AA for Gator touch-up paint, but the only place I can find online that calls that particular part number "Gator" is Armor Auto Parts (a member/sponsor here, I think).

I'm left with a couple of questions:
1. Why the F does Jeep have two very different colors with the same paint code?
2. Can anyone confirm 6103286AA matches Gator?
Sponsored

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Armor auto parts has it listed as "gator PGV" and the part number is correct so im going to assume that is the correct touch up pen. I tried to order it from my local dealer and they said they could not find or get it... totally worthless.

Last edited:

RojStock

First Name
RK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Gator)
Thanks, gents. Just to confirm, though, it's PGV, not PVG - correct?
Correct, sorry about that. I edited my post above to correct that for the record as well.

Edit to add a snip from my order shipment confirmation email ...

Jeep Gladiator Gator touch up paint code? Gator_PGV_Order.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I was researching this as well and had the same WTF as you. There's even a Youtube channel where (sometime early last year) the guy unveiled the upcoming new Gator -- he showed that Beryl Green that's nothing like gator.

Then I came across this posting where MAustin re-painted his red instrument panel in Gator and you can see that is the correct code and part number, What is disturbing is most (all?) Mopar sites are still listing the description as both "Gator" and "Deep Beryl Green Pearl."

This is the rattle can special. I sanded everything with some 800 grit sandpaper, then two coats of primer, three coats of Mopar Gator touch up spray paint that I found online, and finally two coats of a flat clear coat. I painted all the chrome around the instrument panel and vents black.
09A22D9E-D547-41AE-8617-F163DBDD4DB4.jpeg

OP
OP
fixbroke

fixbroke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got in touch with Quadratec and they should be able to get Gator touch-up paint now. It's not present in their online color list yet, but if you reach out to them they can order it.

MAustin

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Underwater basket weaver
The dealerships have PGV (gator) available in the spray paint, but they haven’t come out with the touch up pen yet. The last time I checked was last week. I honestly haven’t looked at any other places because I was worried about getting the beryl green. I tripled checked with the website I got the paint from before I ordered since the dealers didn’t have it in stock yet at the time.
Sponsored