MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
IMG_20211001_162258394_HDR.jpg
Picked her up today and took her for her first trail ride. I have to say, I was a little shocked by how slow the acceleration was in comparison with my JL Wrangler. Those 410 gears make it feel like a 3/4 ton dually. We won't be winning any rally races, but man, does she crawl a grade.
Anyone else getting tired of Gecko already?

Kidding, I've been drinking. Nice truck man.

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Lucky. All I got is 0% 36m. Only decent deals for my zip again is 2.9% for 60 +$1,000 for Overlands.....
Thought about it, is because they are trying not to build sports, as you are aware. Incentives on the more expensive trims only which is the opposite of what they do in the normal world.

Sponsored

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club 1633121730713
Picked her up today and took her for her first trail ride. I have to say, I was a little shocked by how slow the acceleration was in comparison with my JL Wrangler. Those 410 gears make it feel like a 3/4 ton dually. We won't be winning any rally races, but man, does she crawl a grade.
Get a pedal commander, your slow acceleration problem will be solved. I noticed the same thing and it made a big difference.
Pedal Commander PC78 for Jeep Gladiator | Throttle Response Controller

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Get a pedal commander, your slow acceleration problem will be solved. I noticed the same thing and it made a big difference.
Pedal Commander PC78 for Jeep Gladiator | Throttle Response Controller
Is it necessary to get a throttle controller or can you fix it by just stomping on the pedal?

Coming from a very small light relativity fast car so I know it's going to feel extremely sluggish but I don't really like the idea of installing a 3rd party gizmo into the drive by wire system.

Last edited:

Nebulocity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Mojave - Sting Gray
Is it necessary to get a throttle controller or can you fix it by just stomping on the pedal?

Coming from a very small light relativity fast car so I know it's going to feel extremely social but I don't really like the idea of installing a 3rd party gizmo into the drive by wire system.
Stomping on the pedal won't remove the delay in throttle response. I installed mine, tucked it behind the carpet by the center console, and forgot it's there. I set it somewhere in the mid-range that has a good feel, and have had zero issues.
Your jeep, your way, only a recommendation.

Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
Stomping on the pedal won't remove the delay in throttle response. I installed mine, tucked it behind the carpet by the center console, and forgot it's there. I set it somewhere in the mid-range that has a good feel, and have had zero issues.
Your jeep, your way, only a recommendation.
I didn't realize it was fixing a throttle response delay. Thought it was fixing a not enough throttle issue. If I don't get used to stock, I'm on board as well.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Gladiator
Occupation
Teacher
Just got called and mine came on the truck tonight! Hopefully will be ready to pick up tomorrow morning!!! Like they all got done the same day and just took a few days different in transit depending on where they were going.
Jeep Gladiator GECKO GREEN Gladiator Club 565CE648-895B-4C86-A68B-852A267A74A3

Shifu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Orange is my favorite color but Gecko really makes Punk'n look plain. If they were both available at the same time it would have been a very hard decision.
What model did you come from? What parts did they let you swap?

Rein89

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Just got called and mine came on the truck tonight! Hopefully will be ready to pick up tomorrow morning!!! Like they all got done the same day and just took a few days different in transit depending on where they were going.
565CE648-895B-4C86-A68B-852A267A74A3.jpeg
I now partially regret not getting matching flares. I'm going to have to have them either wrapped or bedlined to match now! That just looks so badass!

Edit: my build sheet just showed up on cryptostickers, I hope that means it's being built soon.
Sponsored

Last edited: