Hotprsut

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Hello folks

I’m wanting to surprise my daughter in June with a new gladiator.

She’s in the military and loves the mobi “tan” color or white.

Important things to her.
-color
-nav and music
-wheels
-automatic
-Roof black hardtop

Important things to me
-safety
-truck sits level with 35” tires
-4:10 gear

I was hoping for some help. I see some trucks with black fenders and roof. What looks best?

She’s fine with cloth seats (I like tan) as long as they are heated.

This is a complete surprise to her. I’m 50yrs old and myself personally have owned 1 new car with a value of $25k cdn. I’m having a hard time with $65k for a Jeep truck lol
Sponsored

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Are you looking to adopt a son? :LOL:

Joking aside, what looks best is up to you. Body-colored fenders will be an additional cost or standard on more expensive trims (like Overland).

I think the 4.10 gearing preference will be the limiting factor for you. IIRC, 4.10 is on Max Tow option equipped Sport and Rubicon only. More info here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/driving-difference-for-3-73-vs-4-10-gears.21658/

35” tires will be an aftermarket add for you (more $) and you’ll have to get a leveling kit (more $) to eliminate the factory rake.

You may need to make more accommodations for 35” tires to fit with a Max Tow equipped Sport (more $).

I am also not sure if they make a heated seat option for cloth seats. More reading here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/leather-vs-cloth-seats.30975/

You should get on the Jeep website and mess around with the builder/ configuration tool and see where you land... I predict rubicon with aftermarket 35” tires and leveling kit!

In terms of cost, never treat a vehicle as an investment (spoiler: you’ll lose haha) but Wranglers (of which I would consider the Gladiator a truck variant of, tbh) are among the top in terms of retaining value: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.au...1/top-10-cars-that-hold-their-value.html/?amp

Lastly, get a ‘21 so it has a steel steering gear/ gearbox (the 20’s have aluminum ones and have been an issue for many, myself included).

Last edited:

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Another thing to consider, is Gobi even available on the 2021? (I haven't checked Jeep site for that yet)

OP
OP

Hotprsut

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot

Joking aside, what looks best is up to you. Body-colored fenders will be an additional cost or standard on more expensive trims (like Overland).

I think the 4.10 gearing preference will be the limiting factor for you. IIRC, 4.10 is on Max Tow option equipped Sport and Rubicon only. More info here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/driving-difference-for-3-73-vs-4-10-gears.21658/

35” tires will be an aftermarket add for you (more $) and you’ll have to get a leveling kit (more $) to eliminate the factory rake.

You may need to make more accommodations for 35” tires to fit with a Max Tow equipped Sport (more $).

I am also not sure if they make a heated seat option for cloth seats. More reading here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/leather-vs-cloth-seats.30975/

You should get on the Jeep website and mess around with the builder/ configuration tool and see where you land... I predict rubicon with aftermarket 35” tires and leveling kit!

In terms of cost, never treat a vehicle as an investment (spoiler: you’ll lose haha) but Wranglers (of which I would consider the Gladiator a truck variant of, tbh) are among the top in terms of retaining value: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2019/11/top-10-cars-that-hold-their-value.html/?amp

Lastly, get a ‘21 so it has a steel steering gear/ gearbox (the 20’s have aluminum ones and have been an issue for many, myself included).
Thanks for the reply. It will most likely be a 2021 that I will get.

Heated seats and such come with cloth so I’m good there.

Not sure about preference on black vs body color fenders yet.

So I will for sure need a lift kit or leveling kit for 35’s?

Lastly, I see a bunch of packages like north edition or mojave or things like this but I don’t see them on the Jeep.ca website when I’m building one

Sponsored

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Thanks for the reply. It will most likely be a 2021 that I will get.

Heated seats and such come with cloth so I’m good there.

Not sure about preference on black vs body color fenders yet.

So I will for sure need a lift kit or leveling kit for 35’s?

Lastly, I see a bunch of packages like north edition or mojave or things like this but I don’t see them on the Jeep.ca website when I’m building one
You can fit 35’s on a Rubicon with no issues in which case you would just need a leveling kit— you may need to get a lift and/ or lift + leveling kit for a Sport w/ Max Tow.

OP
OP

Hotprsut

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Gobi is discontinued that's why I bought a 2020

I see this. I guess it will be white 2021.

Now just need cheapest automatic white, tan, 4:10 gear, removable roof, premium audio, levelled with 35’s

OP
OP

Hotprsut

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot

In terms of cost, never treat a vehicle as an investment (spoiler: you’ll lose haha) but Wranglers (of which I would consider the Gladiator a truck variant of, tbh) are among the top in terms of retaining value: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2019/11/top-10-cars-that-hold-their-value.html/?amp

Also. Based on pictures, looks like black fenders on sport gladiator look identical to rubicon fenders.

I’m torn. I feel like black fenders are better

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Also. Based on pictures, looks like black fenders on sport gladiator look identical to rubicon fenders.

I’m torn. I feel like black fenders are better
The fenders are different. The Rubicon's provide a lot more tire clearance. I think the painted fenders look better, but its just a matter of personal opinion. The matte plastic shows scratch's & dust a lot I think.

OP
OP

Hotprsut

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
The fenders are different. The Rubicon's provide a lot more tire clearance. I think the painted fenders look better, but its just a matter of personal opinion. The matte plastic shows scratch's & dust a lot I think.

I’ll have to head out to a dealer and compare

Sponsored

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I’ll have to head out to a dealer and compare
You may want to look into a Sport Max-Tow. Also, think about the new transfer case option for the 2021 that allows full-time 4wd to the 4 high, and 4 lo

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Why are you saying $65,000? I just ordered a 2021 Mojave, with 4.10, leather, black hard top stickered at 55,900, got it for $52,000. Rubicon is also identical pricing. They both come with 33” tires and 35”’ fit no problem. Both can get black fenders. Price for Ruby and Mojave are around $44,000. White is the only cheap color everything else is $245 extra.......Are you looking to adopt a son???

OP
OP

Hotprsut

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Why are you saying $65,000? I just ordered a 2021 Mojave, with 4.10, leather, black hard top stickered at 55,900, got it for $52,000. Rubicon is also identical pricing. They both come with 33” tires and 35”’ fit no problem. Both can get black fenders. Price for Ruby and Mojave are around $44,000. White is the only cheap color everything else is $245 extra.......Are you looking to adopt a son???
In Canada the rubicon works out to $70k including taxes (includes $5k discount)

Yes, my daughter is a very special person. She has no clue but I know it’s her dream vehicle.

I think I need to wait and see what pkgs are offered in Canada. Jeep.ca is still only showing 2020 glads. I love the rubicon but I don’t want leather and do not want black cloth.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Rubicon cones in brown cloth also and Mojave comes in a light grey cloth. You were talking Candian amount , got it.

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
Hi,

What you're describing is very much like what I bought in Waterloo a few months ago in early July.
Note, The employee pricing discounts were on that time of year so I suspect they may be again in 2021.
My Gladiator Rubicon was $62400 (MSRP) and after employee program discount it was down to $55,755
I have all the options you're (and your daughter) looking for except the colour.
Mine also has
- upgraded mopar Rubi wheels with MT tires
- leather seats
- cold weather group (heated steering wheel, seats, mirrors and remote starter)
- 8.4" screen with Nav etc and Alpine speakers
- remote proximity keyless entry
I only mention these to show you that you Can get a good deal if you shop around the right time.

If they can find you one but it has leather seats, throw on some nice cloth/neoprene seat covers. :)

Good luck!
Sponsored