First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists...email&utm_content=20_July_13_Newsletter_NewDD

My apologies if this was already posted somewhere, but this is interesting news to see the
Gladiator on Hagerty's list of vehicles that may be good investments.

2020 Hagerty Hot List: The 6 collector rides of the future

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
JP020_106GLc4cn2rg20irc2a1rldh1r0aee3-scaled.jpg

The return of a cargo bed to the Jeep family means that the do-it-all Wrangler can now do even more. Packing all of the same rugged capability of the current JL-generation rock-crawler, plus the added practicality of a pickup bed, the Gladiator is much more than a pickup. After all, what off-roader or truck can haul 1600 pounds, tow 7650 pounds, trounce just about any trail, and do it in open-air splendor without doors or a roof?

The Gladiator shares a mission with Jeep’s CJ-8 Scrambler from the 1980s, which itself has ticked up 20 percent in value in the last three years. For Concours-quality, #1-condition examples, the median value for CJ-8s is 10 percent higher than for the comparable CJ-7. While we expect modifications will be common, down the road it will likely be the most original examples that will be sought after.

As personal transportation veers closer and closer to driverless autonomy, the significance of a go-anywhere dynamo like the Gladiator cannot be overstated. It is a vehicle with extraordinary capability, utility, and most of all, personality. Jeeps make adventure all the more fun, and a pickup bed only expands the possibilities for what the Gladiator can do.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Finnmalloy04

First Name
Finn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Grand Cherokee Limited
Occupation
High School Student
https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists...email&utm_content=20_July_13_Newsletter_NewDD

My apologies if this was already posted somewhere, but this is interesting news to see the
Gladiator on Hagerty's list of vehicles that may be good investments.

2020 Hagerty Hot List: The 6 collector rides of the future

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Makes 2020 Hagerty Hot List of The 6 Collector Rides of the Future JP020_106GLc4cn2rg20irc2a1rldh1r0aee3-scaled

The return of a cargo bed to the Jeep family means that the do-it-all Wrangler can now do even more. Packing all of the same rugged capability of the current JL-generation rock-crawler, plus the added practicality of a pickup bed, the Gladiator is much more than a pickup. After all, what off-roader or truck can haul 1600 pounds, tow 7650 pounds, trounce just about any trail, and do it in open-air splendor without doors or a roof?

The Gladiator shares a mission with Jeep’s CJ-8 Scrambler from the 1980s, which itself has ticked up 20 percent in value in the last three years. For Concours-quality, #1-condition examples, the median value for CJ-8s is 10 percent higher than for the comparable CJ-7. While we expect modifications will be common, down the road it will likely be the most original examples that will be sought after.

As personal transportation veers closer and closer to driverless autonomy, the significance of a go-anywhere dynamo like the Gladiator cannot be overstated. It is a vehicle with extraordinary capability, utility, and most of all, personality. Jeeps make adventure all the more fun, and a pickup bed only expands the possibilities for what the Gladiator can do.
Damn might have to buy one and keep t stock just because of this lol

OP
OP
WhippetTaxi

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
Trying to keep mine close to stock, but I already replaced the antenna, so there is no turning back from here! And I got the front windows tinted as added insult.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Really glad I bought mine now. I had a feeling it would be a very sought after collector's item in the future. I've been collecting things my whole life, and made some bad investments. I had a gut-feeling the JTR was going to be a good one. This Hagerty article really reassures me that my gut was correct.

That being said, I'm still not worried about value decreasing when I do a 6.4 Hemi swap. I could honestly see it being something that will INCREASE the value down the road, because it was done to a vehicle that was built BEFORE it was a factory option.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to be able to buy one (Launch Addition) and stick it in a climate control storage for 40-50 years but not going to happen. A big part of vehicle value like the CJ-8 and one that is about forgotten CJ-6 is lower production. Back when the CJ-8 was in production it was unlucky and not wanted by many *low sales*. I wish I would've had storage for the CJ-6 I could have got 20 or so years back. The LJ and CJ-6 are more alike than CJ-8. The "LJ" value is already going up but production was 2 1/2 years and maybe 50k or less. I'd bet JT's has surpassed that already by long shot. CJ-8 took off at the beginning of the "Rock crawling" wave then everyone wanted them. Then chopped off rear end.... to be like a CJ-6 :giggle: that was. The future for what vehicles that will be collected will be obviously some of the same as now certain make and models. But unknown for JT, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the article was written to drum up some interest for LE JT sales on secondary market.

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think the one I bought might be a little unusual, the options seem to be a weird combination.
For instance: It's an Overland, and came without side steps, and later a letter from FCA saying they forgot to put them on... and will I please go to the dealer and correct this omission ASAP.
Sponsored