Sponsored

Gladiator Wiring Type For Roadmaster HyPower Diodes (Flat Tow Lighting)

Davedenn

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Hi everyone,
You have been very helpful in the past with the variety of Jeeps I either own or have owned. I recently purchased a 2020 Gladiator and am in the process of setting it up to flat tow. I have a set of Roadmaster HyPower Diodes that I purchased 3 years ago for my 2007 Wrangler but did not use them. I am wondering if they can be used on my Gladiator but am concerned because it has LED tail lights, etc. and I'm not sure the diodes I have will work. Does anyone have any information on this? Roadmaster has been great in the past but recently due to the Covid they are extremely difficult to contact with questions. I'd appreciate any information anyone can provide about the diodes and whether they will work with my Gladiator. I also can't seem to find out whether the Jeep has a combined or separate light system for the brake/tail/turn lighting because there are 10 wires entering the taillight instead of the usual 4. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Dave
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I can't answer your diode question, but I can tell you that only 4 wires control my led lights from the passenger door wire bundle, to the rear of the Jeep.
I installed the Cooltech towed vehicle kit recently. It comes with a switch and bracket that mounts to the passenger seat base. I had to identify the four wires in the bundle, cut and re-connect the four wires (now eight ends) to the switch. 4 in 4 out. It works perfectly and I am impressed with the complete kit. Not too expensive, easy install, and only one cable to run from the passenger compartment to the front of the Jeep.