Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Hi everyone,
I have a new 2920 Gladiator Sport with LED taillights that I want to wire for flat towing.but I’m a little concerned about the Roadmaster diodes I have and dealing with probing the dozen wires going into the LED board on each light. I have watched the videos that Etrailer publishes so I have a basic idea of the process but am looking for advice from someone who has wired a Gladiator and can give me advice on how to go about it. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
Dave
Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
Hi everyone,
I have a new 2920 Gladiator Sport with LED taillights that I want to wire for flat towing.but I’m a little concerned about the Roadmaster diodes I have and dealing with probing the dozen wires going into the LED board on each light. I have watched the videos that Etrailer publishes so I have a basic idea of the process but am looking for advice from someone who has wired a Gladiator and can give me advice on how to go about it. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
Dave
I went with the Cooltech harness. Excellent and well thought out system. It has a switch that isolates the Jeep from the motorhome. Installation was fairly simple. It comes with everything you need.

cooltech 1.jpg

OP
OP

Davedenn

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the Cool Tech suggestion. I looked at that and agree it’s pretty straight forward and easy to use. I finally found a great installation video by Etrailer that explains the install. My main issue was with the plug going to the lights with 12 wires. I wasn’t sure how to figure out which ones I needed to cut for the diode install, but the video tech used a probe to isolate the lights and turn/stop wires so all is well there. Now if I can just get the darn plug apart I will be good to go! Thanks to all who responded with suggestions. I knew you would come up with a fix!

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I went with one of the wireless options: zero intrusion on the Jeep wiring. I modified the lights to run off the hot lead in the Jeep trailer plug.

Kevin

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I was thinking I would go cooltech. Does someone have links and/or photos to this wireless light setup and the curt wiring?

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score