Sponsored

Got new rubicon fenders....to paint or not to paint? Opinions...

Gahill2

First Name
Hill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Here are some pics of my rig....I picked up some rubicon fenders with LEDs in them. I am debating painting the new set. Should I leave them black or go for it? Just wanting some opinions. Thanks

D2CD9AFF-FE02-401C-BE63-6B86B65A0973.jpeg

4020BFEF-6B29-416D-AD9F-589ED44A2912.jpeg
Sponsored

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
They look great like that I have black fenders on my rubicon the only thing bout painting them is you will get a lot of chips in the paint with the black fenders you can’t see them

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
@tbaker and @LostWoods is correct on the rock chips and painting them. Painted flares show the heck out of imperfections and rock chips and if you run larger tires your going to get rock chips no matter what anyone tells you. In a year or so you will be wishing you left them black. I've only had my tires on my jeep for 9 months and I got dings and chips in my rear ones but because they are black you can't really notice it. Leave them black, that's how they look the best to me anyways.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Leave 'em - PERSONALLY, just me, I like the CONTRAST. Some trucks look better in one color - again, IMO - others need it broken up a bit.
I like the contrast on the white trucks. Some black or stripes, or something to break it up.
You asked for opinions, you got what you paid for - well, maybe not, but no refunds, no exchange, not valid in the state of Utah.
Sponsored