First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Cherokee, Ram 2500 Hemi,
Occupation
Retired
I'm going to pick mine up here on Friday, December 29th, 2023. It's a 6.5 hour drive from Helena MT, to Tri Cities WA, but I'm getting 30% off MSRP and a pretty loaded Freedom Edition Granite Crystal that has pretty much everthing I would have ordered.

Critical for me was the Selec Trac full time 4WD and the limited slip differential. I was originally getting a red twin to this one but all that was left was the Granite Crystal. I really liked them both. My wife has a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite package in this color and all blacked out also. It is really a bad ass sort of look. And I sure can't beat the price at dealer 15% off and Stellantis also.
Jeep Gladiator GRANITE CRYSTAL JT Gladiator Club 1703675863481

https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowst...9-2076477605.1703590019&vin=1C6HJTAG1PL519491

I know with my wifes Jeep, it is a truly beautiful color for about 30 minutes after you wash it then it shows dirt immediately. But boy for that first 30 minutes it is hard to beat from a looks standpoint... So, we will have clones from a color standpoint. She wanted the red...

I'm looking forward to finally getting to hit some of these trails Especially the 3.5ers... http://www.montanaoverland4x4adventures.org/trailsdestinations/4high4x4trails.html that the Ram 1500's (now gone) and five year old Renegade I'm trading won't quite do (I have tried). The 2500 will, but it is frankly too much of a beast to do too much REAL off roading. It's really kind of a PITA its so big but wonderful for hauling steel on wheels down the highway, as its primary role is to tow the 7,000 lb travel trailer. It will likely be retired from even transfer station duty when I get this and I can quit having to climb up and inside to get anything done.... Big yay at 68... You can reach over the side of a Gladiator AND have a lot more off roading capability...

I wasn't going to do this, but at 30% off MSRP at this dealer Tri Cities/Lithia)and for these days, OK trade and interest rate, I just can't pass it up as something like this was on my list and I doubt it will get much better than this, all things considered. Oh, there could be some slightly better incentives but selection has already gone to pooh and I KNOW the 24's won't be cheap until this time next year...maybe as they are cutting back on production since these have NOT moved this year. So, the Renegade is getting long in the tooth, glitchy and I can refinance if rates drop a couple points...pay it off early.

Of interest, but I've had four Ram trucks and everybody likes the Blacked out (Night) packages (And pay extra for) that basically are what this looks like without the name. They talk about them all the time. I find that interesting. Nobody on this forum even talks about it. On the Rams, it is essentially a cosmetic package for like 3800 bucks on a truck. Yes, it looks good, but I'm not paying almost four K JUST for looks? I get it free with this one and no name.

I will do some modding but only what is needed to make it more off road worthy without harming daily driving. I was going to go after market on a winch bumper but the Freedom has the steel bumpers, so...but then I find that to get the OEM winch plate for the bumper is like 300 bucks OEM/new. WTF? So, I might still go with something like a Rough Country one for 600 out the door. A whole lot cheaper than other truck bumpers let me assure you... I kind of like the rear bumper so will save there. If I have to I'll address small lift issues to address extra weight of winch on front. Will look into that. The AT tires appear to be halfway decent as opposed to the "all season" versions so I'll run em a couple years unless they show bad manners. Will get a winch for sure. We travel a lot to like Yellowstone in winter and I've helped people out of ditches on at least three occasions over the last 10 years at Yellowstone and our own back yard here in the Elkhorn Mountains.

People don't realize that 4WD trucks, and things like winches are NOT really luxuries here in Montana if you are going to leave the city limits and enjoy what this place is all about. You can go from downtown Bozeangeles to needing a winch in 15 miles...

It is very interesting at how few lot trucks have limited slip differentials (Trac Lock) on Gladiators. Apparently, dealers don't order them and apparently customers don't have a clue. Only a few dealers will consistently order them. If you have to deal with snow or wet a lot, they will really make your life easier.

The Ram Truck forums discuss this kind of thing a great deal but most consumers don't seem to even know what it is. I'm thinking there is a bit more of the form thing going on here and less of the substance thing vs the RAM truck forums not pointing any fingers and guilty myself of liking form... And oh, anyone heard of Selec Trac full time 4WD or the Rubicon version (4.1 distinction). If you have to drive down snowy patchy roads for six weeks in the fall and spring, you will be glad you have em. I wonder how many people are just driving down wet snowy dangerous roads in 2WD high rear wheel drive at 55/60 mph and NOT pushing that 4WD button when they hit a quarter mile of slush, ice in a rear wheel drive truck with an empty bed never realizing the danger until its too late... Dealers don't order, keep prices lower and apparently a large percentage of the consumers don't have a clue...and don't care... I've had all the variations of 4WD in my trucks and will go full time 4WD and an LSD every time if I can get it.

So, enjoy, I will.

Last edited:

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Redfour5

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I'm going to pick mine up here on Friday, December 29th, 2023. It's a 6.5 hour drive from Helena MT, to Tri Cities WA, but I'm getting 30% off MSRP and a pretty loaded Freedom Edition Granite Crystal that has pretty much everthing I would have ordered.

Critical for me was the Selec Trac full time 4WD and the limited slip differential. I was originally getting a red twin to this one but all that was left was the Granite Crystal. I really liked them both. My wife has a 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk Elite package in this color and all blacked out also. It is really a bad ass sort of look. And I sure can't beat the price at dealer 15% off and Stellantis also.
Jeep Gladiator GRANITE CRYSTAL JT Gladiator Club 1703675863481

https://www.jeep.com/hostd/windowst...9-2076477605.1703590019&vin=1C6HJTAG1PL519491

I know with my wifes Jeep, it is a truly beautiful color for about 30 minutes after you wash it then it shows dirt immediately. But boy for that first 30 minutes it is hard to beat from a looks standpoint... So, we will have clones from a color standpoint. She wanted the red...

I'm looking forward to finally getting to hit some of these trails Especially the 3.5ers... http://www.montanaoverland4x4adventures.org/trailsdestinations/4high4x4trails.html that the Ram 1500's (now gone) and five year old Renegade I'm trading won't quite do (I have tried). The 2500 will, but it is frankly too much of a beast to do too much REAL off roading. It's really kind of a PITA its so big but wonderful for hauling steel on wheels down the highway, as its primary role is to tow the 7,000 lb travel trailer. It will likely be retired from even transfer station duty when I get this and I can quit having to climb up and inside to get anything done.... Big yay at 68... You can reach over the side of a Gladiator AND have a lot more off roading capability...

I wasn't going to do this, but at 30% off MSRP at this dealer Tri Cities/Lithia)and for these days, OK trade and interest rate, I just can't pass it up as something like this was on my list and I doubt it will get much better than this, all things considered. Oh, there could be some slightly better incentives but selection has already gone to pooh and I KNOW the 24's won't be cheap until this time next year...maybe as they are cutting back on production since these have NOT moved this year. So, the Renegade is getting long in the tooth, glitchy and I can refinance if rates drop a couple points...pay it off early.

Of interest, but I've had four Ram trucks and everybody likes the Blacked out (Night) packages (And pay extra for) that basically are what this looks like without the name. They talk about them all the time. I find that interesting. Nobody on this forum even talks about it. On the Rams, it is essentially a cosmetic package for like 3800 bucks on a truck. Yes, it looks good, but I'm not paying almost four K JUST for looks? I get it free with this one and no name.

I will do some modding but only what is needed to make it more off road worthy without harming daily driving. I was going to go after market on a winch bumper but the Freedom has the steel bumpers, so...but then I find that to get the OEM winch plate for the bumper is like 300 bucks OEM/new. WTF? So, I might still go with something like a Rough Country one for 600 out the door. A whole lot cheaper than other truck bumpers let me assure you... I kind of like the rear bumper so will save there. If I have to I'll address small lift issues to address extra weight of winch on front. Will look into that. The AT tires appear to be halfway decent as opposed to the "all season" versions so I'll run em a couple years unless they show bad manners. Will get a winch for sure. We travel a lot to like Yellowstone in winter and I've helped people out of ditches on at least three occasions over the last 10 years at Yellowstone and our own back yard here in the Elkhorn Mountains.

People don't realize that 4WD trucks, and things like winches are NOT really luxuries here in Montana if you are going to leave the city limits and enjoy what this place is all about. You can go from downtown Bozeangeles to needing a winch in 15 miles...

It is very interesting at how few lot trucks have limited slip differentials (Trac Lock) on Gladiators. Apparently, dealers don't order them and apparently customers don't have a clue. Only a few dealers will consistently order them. If you have to deal with snow or wet a lot, they will really make your life easier.

The Ram Truck forums discuss this kind of thing a great deal but most consumers don't seem to even know what it is. I'm thinking there is a bit more of the form thing going on here and less of the substance thing vs the RAM truck forums not pointing any fingers and guilty myself of liking form... And oh, anyone heard of Selec Trac full time 4WD or the Rubicon version (4.1 distinction). If you have to drive down snowy patchy roads for six weeks in the fall and spring, you will be glad you have em. I wonder how many people are just driving down wet snowy dangerous roads in 2WD high rear wheel drive at 55/60 mph and NOT pushing that 4WD button when they hit a quarter mile of slush, ice in a rear wheel drive truck with an empty bed never realizing the danger until its too late... Dealers don't order, keep prices lower and apparently a large percentage of the consumers don't have a clue...and don't care... I've had all the variations of 4WD in my trucks and will go full time 4WD and an LSD every time if I can get it.

So, enjoy, I will.
Got it, 496 miles home from where I bought it... Now for the mods...

Redfour5

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I think it is interesting that when you get the granite crystal in a Ram 1500 and you want it to look like the granite crystal JT, you have to pay like 2500 dollars extra...for a night edition https://www.ramtrucks.com/2023/ram-1500/limited-night-special-edition.html

Jeep Gladiator GRANITE CRYSTAL JT Gladiator Club 1704145156936

Jeep Gladiator GRANITE CRYSTAL JT Gladiator Club 1704145826503

Above the one I bought.
Jeep Gladiator GRANITE CRYSTAL JT Gladiator Club 1704145952959

2500 bucks version in a Ram 1500

And it only costs an extra 2500 bucks.... I have loved the look, but I wouldn't spend the money on what is essentially a cosmetic package on a truck... My wife got the "night edition" look on her granite crystal Cherokee Trailhawk "Elite" package in 2019. It looks good too.

I was originally going for the firecracker red twin of mine but somebody bought it the day I made my decision to buy so I ended up with the granite crystal and am not unhappy about that to be honest. The wife didn't want the Gladiator to match her Cherokee, but boy it does look good.... My big problem with granite crystal is that it is the most beautiful color there is right after being washed. But within minutes and they get dirt on them, not so much as I learned with hers. Now the billet silver on my 2500? That has grown on me.

I like the "bad ass" look of the JT in granite crystal...

bwmarksbmcs

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Wrangler Sport, 2023 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I put Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek 285/70R17 on the original wheels. I only run on the beaches around here but the tires seem good. They have a quiet ride and are smooth, actually a lot nicer than I thought they would be. I paid $220 each for 4 and got a $100 rebate from Cooper.

The original Sport S all weather Bridgestones looked terrible and were way too small. They were easily sold locally to offset the cost of these tires.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vyndralys

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2022 Civic Hatchback
Occupation
Software Developer
Recently joined the club. A local dealership was offering 22% off of a JTR with a 6MT. The only options being the tow and cold weather packages.

I originally had a JL 2dr Sport with a 6mt on order, so I'm not looking for anything decked out. Mostly I wanted a manual transmission in something with some ground clearance, but at the price the dealership was offering I was able to get something with more practicality.

Jeep Gladiator GRANITE CRYSTAL JT Gladiator Club 1000001502

Still deciding what color to get the bedliner in.

Vyndralys

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2022 Civic Hatchback
Occupation
Software Developer
Recently joined the club. A local dealership was offering 22% off of a JTR with a 6MT. The only options being the tow and cold weather packages.

I originally had a JL 2dr Sport with a 6mt on order, so I'm not looking for anything decked out. Mostly I wanted a manual transmission in something with some ground clearance, but at the price the dealership was offering I was able to get something with more practicality.

Jeep Gladiator GRANITE CRYSTAL JT Gladiator Club 1000001502

Still deciding what color to get the bedliner in.
Just hit 1000 miles and got my first set of mods for the truck.
Spray in Bedliner
Roll 'N Lock tonneau cover
Roll 'N Lock bed divider
Hothead Headliner

PXL_20240205_232509844~2.jpg

PXL_20240205_233441615.jpg

PXL_20240205_232603199.jpg

MojaveLawyer

First Name
Agent X
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Law & Veteran
Just hit 1000 miles and got my first set of mods for the truck.
Spray in Bedliner
Roll 'N Lock tonneau cover
Roll 'N Lock bed divider
Hothead Headliner

PXL_20240205_232509844~2.jpg

PXL_20240205_233441615.jpg

PXL_20240205_232603199.jpg
Looks pretty sharp with the Red bedliner.

Quorky

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Jeep Gladiator GRANITE CRYSTAL JT Gladiator Club 1000010296

Just picked this up this past weekend. 2021 HA. Love the ride and the look. Cant wait to drive it naked this summer.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS