Sponsored

Hard top accessories

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
A few questions about accessories for the freedom hard top. I got my gladiator on order so now it’s time to get some accessories.

If you have a Sunrider which material do you have and do you like it, black diamond or black twill ($100 more)?

Do you have a headliner? I live in the northeast and am wondering if it’s necessary for winter. I’ve never had a wrangler before.

Do you use a sun shade when going topless? What brand and do you like it? Does it allow for airflow but block out some of the sun rays?

Thanks
Sponsored

smoverland

First Name
Riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self-Employed
Congrats on your Gladiator and welcome to the Jeep family!

I can't help with the Sunrider or sun shade questions, but I can tell you that I drove a JKU with a hardtop in Montana for two years and it definitely gets colder during the winter than a traditional vehicle would.

That being said, it didn't have heated seats, remote start, or really any other convenience other than a heater. It didn't bother me much because after a certain point cold is just cold.

If you can justify it, I'd say get the headliner as it will likely help your heater keep up with the outside temperature. It will also help reduce road noise, so that's a bonus.

I hope that helped! Again, welcome to the family!

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
Don't have the sunrider, I'm waiting for the soft top. I've read that it's worth the 100.00 for the black twill.

I don't have a headliner either, I haven't thought much about it. I'll read up on the JL forum to see if it's worth it.

I do have an Alien sunshade, it's a must in my opinion on sunny days. It cuts down on some of the air movement, but it's better than sunburn.

Sponsored

SCUBATECH

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep JKU Sahara
I've ran a 2012 JKU for 6 winters now here in Canada, I've never had the headliner and never had issues with it being too cold. I did however order my Gladiator with the cold weather package, but no headliner.. I just don't feel it's necessary unless your going to run some heavy off-road tires, then maybe it will help with the noise factor. JMO tho.

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I have a different opinion: I installed the Hothead headliners and I am extremely pleased with the improvement in temperature and noise. There are several video demonstrating the measured temperature changes with and with out headliners. I would suggest doing a little research and just maybe you will change your mind.
Sponsored