hard top panels not fitting in storage bag

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I've never had any problems with mine, however I would check to make sure your locking tabs on the freedom panel isn't interfering with the panel being fully seating in the foam.
Good Post. I take mine off and on a lot and put them in the bag underneath my Tonneau cover. If there is a problem with fit, closing the locking tabs is usually the fix.
Sponsored

Reactions: Tim
OP
OP
jhoward723

jhoward723

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Thanks for all the responses everyone!! I was sure I was insane, but took them out again this morning and tried again, I guess I just didn't want to pull too hard for fear of ripping the zipper, but was able to get it zipped all the way, I'm sure after a few times of use the fabric will stretch out and it will be easy! Thanks again for all your awesome help!

MDWBoiler

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mintel.net
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (Gobi)
Occupation
Plant Manager
I watch the video above and took mine off for the first time and they went right in. Lots of room. I like the storage bag that came with it.

canyonrat

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2005 Jeep TJ RME
Yeah the bag is fine, a much better design than the JK bag was. JK bag was also a tight fit though, no extra space and tight on the zipper.

REDBEAST

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 2017 Jaguar F-Type SVR
Occupation
Retired
Installed the Bestop Sunrider this morning and it almost took as long to put the hard tops in the bag as it did to install the Sunrider.
Question; I'm going to get a sunrider but I need to know if they are noisy going down the road. Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Question; I'm going to get a sunrider but I need to know if they are noisy going down the road. Any help would be appreciated.
There are quite a few reviews on the Sunrider here and on JLWranglerForums that you can check out to see what people think relative to fit/finish, noise, etc. In general, the reviews have been really positive with many saying it's one of the best mods to consider.

If it helps at all we've got a $100 rebate running right now on the Sunrider (through end of April) so if you are considering one it might be a good time. You can see an overview of all the rebates we've got going right now by clicking here - check out Sunrider and EZ-Roll for the Gladiator.

- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

JoHo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Hey everyone, just got a Gladiator last week, and took the freedom panels out this past weekend to head to the beach. When I tried to fit them in the storage bag, they don't fit all the way. It's frustrating, I watched videos online and followed the diagram on the bag, and followed everything to a T, yet the bag won't zip, the one side zips, but when it gets to the top, the passenger side panel sticks up too far for the bag to zip all the way. Looking at the foam the panels get placed in, in the bottom of the bag, the in-cuts for the driver side are larger than the passenger side, and this extra foam for the passenger side seems to be the reason that panel sits higher than the driver side. I know I'm not crazy, is there something I'm missing? I've looked everywhere online and can't seem to find anyone who is having the same issue. I've tried just about everything and don't want to break the zipper on the bag by forcing it. Please help!!
Sponsored