Bucky Badger
beer
my Black Rhino Armory wheels
beer
State Capitol
beer
ummm, stuff
beer
Not to ruin your day, but I've now heard from 5 different people that there has been an issue with the Black Rhino Armory wheels, causing rust within weeks on the screws around the wheel. I had asked the question on a new post in this same category, and got multiple thumb's down from contributors on that wheel, which was helpful, but heartbreaking.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
ya, I get it, but they're bought and I'm gonna stick with them.
It sounds like a bolt issue, I wonder if they can be removed/replaced?
Worse case scenario is powder coat down the road.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
37's is a BIG STEP for a Jeep engine that has no guts and further hampered by 4:10 gears. But your biggest challenge is getting up over the curb at Sonic drive in.

Hope you don't have a long commute to work on a HIGHWAY as spinning those 37's will like driving thru winter molasses.

Yes, friends, the Jeep world is one that looks are almost everything but beauty is only skin deep, the proof is found in places like Pritchett Canyon Moab.

My TJ spanked that Canyon many times and one of those times I came driving up on some folks near the end trying to get up one of the obstacles...none of them were making ti and its high and extremely steep. Finally, after some time I asked if I could go ahead as I was meeting some folks in Moab for dinner. Wish you could have heard the laughter as the guy who seemed to be the leader said look we got here first and I where is the rest of your Jeeps, we are trying to get up this without assistance (winch or strap) for a piece in (some Jeep mag, don't remember which one). I had noticed the high-end cameras a couple of guys had. Then the guy from the Jeep mag said go ahead but if you don't make you are going to have to wait on us and where are there others?

I said there is no one with me, I drove by myself! Almost a chorus of 'in THAT Jeep?' OK, thanks see you guys in town, I dropped in 4 low and drove up the side and right on out the top to head back to town.

Later I saw them and the writer and he came over said that was IMPRESSIVE, we are still wondering how you did it. I said I have done it before. He tells me you Jeep looks almost stock other than some protection on the outside. He asks about my lift and said its 3 in, he tells me NO WAY, you cannot put 37's on a 3 in lift, show me how you did it...Sure come on outside.

I suggested to him he could do a write up on my rig and this was HIS ANSWER: Would love to, unbelievable what you have done to get a Jeep to wheel like it does, but putting you in our Magazine, the readers will hammer us for putting in some plain jane Jeep that looks like it could barely get over a curb and claiming it done Prichett Canyon, no one would believe it.

So there you go make it big and cool and you to might make a magazine, me I never did, my Jeep was not SEXY enough for that all I could do was spank trails like they were rented mules...
Sponsored