First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
HR
I have the stubby Fab Fours front bumper. Picture attached for reference. My current fog lights are trash. What lights do you suggest I replace them with? Preferably square LEDs. Thank you in advance.

8B5F5C94-5746-40CC-96DA-D8CCE318B8E7.jpeg
Sponsored

Usethis83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Baja Designs (MADE IN USA) squadron series. I have the pros on my fog pockets. Check my build for more detail, but they are super bright and are plug and play. They do make SAE versions as well.

OP
OP

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR
Baja Designs (MADE IN USA) squadron series. I have the pros on my fog pockets. Check my build for more detail, but they are super bright and are plug and play. They do make SAE versions as well.
Ok great! I really appreciate the help.

nbvillager

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
retired
I hope not to sound like a wise ass by responding that better lights depend on what you are looking for. There are reputable brands that have good products like Baja Designs, Rigid and others. However, if the wrong beam pattern (Baja Designs provides an excellent illustration and explanation on their web site) is chosen then that product can look poorer in comparison to another. Once you decide on your requirements, reviews and comparisons are helpful. In my case, I am looking at SAE approved fog lights and my choices were Baja Designs, Rigid (360 rather than D-series), and KC HiLites. After a review and comparison, I will likely buy Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro. Diode Dynamics assembles their lights in the US. The review and comparison that influenced me is found on Youtube with the title of Led Fog Shootout: SS3 LED Pod vs. Market-Leaders/Diode Dynamics. For off-road use only, you are probably looking for non SAE compliant fogs.

OP
OP

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR
I don’t wheel too much at night but if I do some extra lighting will come in handy. I do want something that looks good and is good quality. My current aftermarket fogs have water in them and are trash.

Sponsored

bajadesigns

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We got 'em all
Occupation
The Scientists of Lighting
I don’t wheel too much at night but if I do some extra lighting will come in handy. I do want something that looks good and is good quality. My current aftermarket fogs have water in them and are trash.
Hello!

Just wanted to get you a link to a few of our JL options. We have a number of Jl Specific Kits, including a variety of fog pocket kits.

We offer kits for each JL bumper style, and also have different output intensities, patterns, as well as amber or white.

A quick road map: SAE are our street compliant offering for those wanting some extra light while driving on public roads. The Sport models are the next step up, and are a great option to get some extra supplemental lighting for offroad, or backcountry driving. The Pro is a small powerhouse in a 3" housing. A pair of Squadron Pros is a huge upgrade to the stock lighting, and is our recommended starting point for those that are beginning to build our a complete lighting package.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Edit - Link: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Jeep-Lighting-Kits.asp

-CF

Last edited:
OP
OP

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR
Hello!

Just wanted to get you a link to a few of our JL options. We have a number of Jl Specific Kits, including a variety of fog pocket kits.

We offer kits for each JL bumper style, and also have different output intensities, patterns, as well as amber or white.

A quick road map: SAE are our street compliant offering for those wanting some extra light while driving on public roads. The Sport models are the next step up, and are a great option to get some extra supplemental lighting for offroad, or backcountry driving. The Pro is a small powerhouse in a 3" housing. A pair of Squadron Pros is a huge upgrade to the stock lighting, and is our recommended starting point for those that are beginning to build our a complete lighting package.

-CF
This is very helpful. I will call tomorrow to discuss and order.

J Sierra

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
Squadron Pros, you could drive with these alone. I like that they are plug and play.

IMG_1131.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

J Sierra

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
retired
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to use them as fog lights get the SAE ones.

Sponsored

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Hello!

-CF
If I was to get some of these pros, which model should I look at for fog light? Mainly just worried about normal driving. Looking at the ambers. Don't know if I need the driving or wide angle. Also, will these plug directly into the old stock harness? TIA

bajadesigns

First Name
BD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We got 'em all
Occupation
The Scientists of Lighting
If I was to get some of these pros, which model should I look at for fog light? Mainly just worried about normal driving. Looking at the ambers. Don't know if I need the driving or wide angle. Also, will these plug directly into the old stock harness? TIA
Correct, these will plug into the stock harness. There is a chance that you may run into some flickering issues due to the CAN bus electrical system. Jeep is not consistent with their use of these electrical systems. Some flicker, many don't. Either way, we have an anti-flicker harness as well, that will pull power from the battery instead, but still allows you to use the factory switch.

The Pro kit comes with a Wide Cornering lens, for best use in fog, snow, rain, dust. However, many people that use these for offroad will opt for the Driving Combo lens to get a bit more distance. Lens replacement kits are also sold on our website for those that want to experiment with different patterns.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
Correct, these will plug into the stock harness. There is a chance that you may run into some flickering issues due to the CAN bus electrical system. Jeep is not consistent with their use of these electrical systems. Some flicker, many don't. Either way, we have an anti-flicker harness as well, that will pull power from the battery instead, but still allows you to use the factory switch.

The Pro kit comes with a Wide Cornering lens, for best use in fog, snow, rain, dust. However, many people that use these for offroad will opt for the Driving Combo lens to get a bit more distance. Lens replacement kits are also sold on our website for those that want to experiment with different patterns.
Awesome, thanks for the quick reply.

OP
OP

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
HR
Hello!

Edit - Link: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Jeep-Lighting-Kits.asp

-CF
Hello, I tried calling your 800 number today but there was no answer. Please let me know a good time to call so I can ask a few questions and place an order.
Sponsored