Sponsored

Help with purchase decisions

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was VERY tempted to do this....got a quote for right around that same number for a bare bones Rubicon. Considering I will be off roading and snow wheeling, it was beyond tempting. But my Sport S was still under 38k so I figured i'd stick to the savings....there's always great resale value on trade, will give me an excuse to get a brand new JTR in a few years when my Sport S looses its new car smell, or lets me down on the trails. Haha.
Sounds like you got a great deal. I only got the Rubi because I know I will occasionally push its 4x4-related components to near their design limit, which most people don’t do.

Mine is sort-of bare-bones, but does include the Trailer–Tow Package; Cold Weather Group; Tonneau Cover (now sold and replaced with a SofTopper); Auto Trans; and Hard Top.

In the venues where I live and was travelling, I think a lot of people buy Rubicon’s just for the branding, and those people want all of the frills, including leather, etc. ... So, the JTRs cost around $63K or more in those places. That stuff is fine, and I had it in my old JKUR, but I don’t need to spend an extra $18K for that. And I found one in Louisville, as described above, along a one-way-rental road trip from KS to VA, ditched the rental there, and bought it in less than 90 minutes.
Sponsored