Sponsored

HEY, Getting new wheels? Check your spare first!

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
Maybe a weird title but I though I would share some info I found today along with some pictures.

I took my Gladiator in for wheels and tires last Friday. (7/24) I purchased, four of the 35" Falken Wildpeak M/T 35 x 12.5R20 tires and four Black Rhino "Shredders" 20 x 9.5 5-127 +0 wheels.
If you're like me, and want that exact matching wheel and tire spare, in case anything bad happens to a tire or worse, a wheel. You should also check your fitment first.

So, I had the place installing, lower and remove my factory spare, and take one of the new ready to install wheel and tires attach it and raise it up to make sure it all fits. I did this first because I didn't want to order a single wheel and tire at $714.79 without making sure it absolutely fits.
And..... It does ...... just barely! In one place by the exhaust heat shield, its 1/4" at most. the rest looked like about a 1/2". (Im including pictures for you)
Well, less a week later my additional wheel and tire for the spare shipped and had it installed underneath today,
So what is the point of all this? The guys working all swear that a 37" probably wont fit. Yet many on here claim that they have put a 37" underneath. So what does this mean? That you should check your individual tire and wheel choice first to make sure it it fits because it might.... or might not.

Wifes Gladiator is going in this Friday for a similar 5 wheel setup. She saw mine and said "I want that!"

Hope this helps someone!

Jeep Gladiator HEY, Getting new wheels? Check your spare first! 61773829084__DB3A1F18-F283-47DD-BE33-371BE0110C8F.JPG

Jeep Gladiator HEY, Getting new wheels? Check your spare first! IMG_2365

Jeep Gladiator HEY, Getting new wheels? Check your spare first! IMG_2362

Jeep Gladiator HEY, Getting new wheels? Check your spare first! IMG_2366

Jeep Gladiator HEY, Getting new wheels? Check your spare first! IMG_2364.JPG

Jeep Gladiator HEY, Getting new wheels? Check your spare first! IMG_2363

Jeep Gladiator HEY, Getting new wheels? Check your spare first! IMG_2289
Sponsored

Last edited:

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I did that as well, and will eventually get a bumper with swing arm for mounting spare, I like the look and having it up there will allow me to get at it when needed in uneven/ water logged terrain

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Damn I’m jealous I love those rims but having a tough time justifying them..
Sponsored