HOTHEADS headliner review

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I ordered the full set in black with the sound deadening strips as soon as they started shipping. Got a great price but just got my jeep so i installed them today.

Packaging was outstanding! Better than most larger companies. All wrapped in plastic and well protected.

Written instructions were good! There is a spot that you should bot cover with the sound assassin....i wish they would have included a clearer close up pic to demonstrate proper placement.

The rear side panels need another 3m strip for bonding. I got mine in but it seems like 1 strip is not enough. I could be wrong ,......chances are that i am.

When installing the rear panels with the top on...move the 2x4 to the drivers side when installing the passenger panel and vice versa . Slips into place with less grief!.

All said and done, These are by FAR a superior product to anything out there especially the factory option. Had more coverage and more insulation. VERY sturdy product and beautiful fit and finish. Made the interior like a vault and more quiet than i expected. It is fall here ao i ha ent had the ac or heat on so i cant attest to how it does for temp reduction.

Conclusion: i feel bad for those that paid what they did for the factory option. It was easy as heck to install and a far superior product. I would suggest everybody get a set!

20191001_143040.jpg

20191001_143035.jpg

20191001_143027.jpg
Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I'm gonna get the oak ones and try to paint the inside of the top to match.

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
L
I'm gonna get the oak ones and try to paint the inside of the top to match.
Do you have the saddle brown interior?

Be sure to share the results!

OP
OP
billyjk7

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
Update. Now that it has got to.cold and freezing temps here, my rear side pieces that tun vertically, keep falling off. Ive taken them out....warmed the jeep.and pieces in the garage (heated garage) and tried to reinstall them twice... still.falling down. Prepped for these sections like i did on the horizontal pieces. .......getting frustrated

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Update. Now that it has got to.cold and freezing temps here, my rear side pieces that tun vertically, keep falling off. Ive taken them out....warmed the jeep.and pieces in the garage (heated garage) and tried to reinstall them twice... still.falling down. Prepped for these sections like i did on the horizontal pieces. .......getting frustrated
You need new adhesive I'm sure. Call them I'm sure they will send you more

Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 1989 YJ
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
Tried to call. No.answer. tried reaching them on here without a response.
HI,
I just read this. I'm sorry that you are having an issue with the panel. You do need to replace the tape & reinstall. The tape will only stick one time.
It is important that it be warm inside your Jeep when installing because the tape is softer when warm and conforms better the the slight texture of your hard top. We have a video for doing installs in cold weather.
My cell number is listed everywhere (714-872-2071) just so people can reach me easily. I personally take all calls. Please call me and we will get you out some new tape and email you the cold weather install video.
regards,
Mark
Hothead Headliners

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
Oak 3.JPG
Side panel.jpg
L

Do you have the saddle brown interior?

Be sure to share the results!
Here are some pics for the saddle leather interior with the Oak headliners.

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Oak 3.JPG
Side panel.jpg

Here are some pics for the saddle leather interior with the Oak headliners.
Hey Mark,

Just wanted to thank you for taking my call on Black Friday when I was ordering my headliners. The Oak looks excellent with the saddle leather. Although I haven't installed the back panels yet, the front ones went on perfectly, look great, and was packaged very professionally. All in all, great experience with you guys from start to finish!

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
Does the oak color "work" for those of us who have the tan cloth interior, or would you recommend another color?

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Does the oak color "work" for those of us who have the tan cloth interior, or would you recommend another color?
The tan cloth is realy light compared to the tan leather. I dont think they would match well.

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
111.jpg
222.jpg
HI,
we have an option called Lt Beige which is the closest we could get to the Heritage Tan interiors. It's not a perfect match be looks good. The only other color that would look good with the Tan is Black which is actually my first choice.
I hope that helps,
Mark

HT LB.jpg

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
offshore worker
Wanted to give a shout-out to Hothead Headliners. Ordered mine 3 PM on Friday and they arrived via FedEx 5:30 PM the following Monday. Why can't every vendor provide this sort of service? Tired of hearing "Covid". Ordered headliner and rear side panels in Granite color to help offset the upcoming Texas heat, as well as the Sound Assassin strips. Looking forward to getting them installed tomorrow. Also much appreciated the Military Discount.

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
offshore worker
Had to wait until this afternoon to do the second / final seating of the adhesive strips for the headliners, as yesterday wound up being an unseasonable cool day here in Northeast TX. Have to say that I've extremely impressed with the Hothead Headliner products for our hardtops. After the installation the ride was noticeably quieter, measuring out between 65 and 70 db at 70 mph on a road being prepped for resurfacing and a stiff crosswind. Very glad to have these in our Gladiator.

20210505_135145.jpg

20210505_135152.jpg

20210505_135214.jpg

20210505_135240.jpg

20210505_135250.jpg

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Jeep Headliners
Wanted to give a shout-out to Hothead Headliners. Ordered mine 3 PM on Friday and they arrived via FedEx 5:30 PM the following Monday. Why can't every vendor provide this sort of service? Tired of hearing "Covid". Ordered headliner and rear side panels in Granite color to help offset the upcoming Texas heat, as well as the Sound Assassin strips. Looking forward to getting them installed tomorrow. Also much appreciated the Military Discount.
Had to wait until this afternoon to do the second / final seating of the adhesive strips for the headliners, as yesterday wound up being an unseasonable cool day here in Northeast TX. Have to say that I've extremely impressed with the Hothead Headliner products for our hardtops. After the installation the ride was noticeably quieter, measuring out between 65 and 70 db at 70 mph on a road being prepped for resurfacing and a stiff crosswind. Very glad to have these in our Gladiator.

Jeep Gladiator HOTHEADS headliner review 20210505_135250

Thanks for the shoutout and for sharing your experience (and photos), Lee. We really appreciate the kind words!

-Mark
Sponsored